Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Need 2013 CVO Road Glide alarm help

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 02:10 PM
SixSixRider
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need 2013 CVO Road Glide alarm help

I knew the batteries in my security fobs were getting weak and was working on the bike today when suddenly the alarm went off and I was unable to silence it. I don't recall how many cycles it went through, but it finally stopped. As should be the case, the ignition system was disabled. I went out and got new fob batteries. Even with new batteries in the fobs and no matter what I do, I cannot restore the system. It will not crank. I even tried to use the turn signal controls to disable the alarm, but I cannot get that to work either....the speedo digits don't come on as they should when I depress both turn signals immediately after switching the ignition on. I even pulled the main (40A) fuse for a brief period hoping that would reset things.......it did not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-30-2016, 02:34 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,284 Likes on 1,903 Posts

Originally Posted by SixSixRider
I knew the batteries in my security fobs were getting weak and was working on the bike today when suddenly the alarm went off and I was unable to silence it. I don't recall how many cycles it went through, but it finally stopped. As should be the case, the ignition system was disabled. I went out and got new fob batteries. Even with new batteries in the fobs and no matter what I do, I cannot restore the system. It will not crank. I even tried to use the turn signal controls to disable the alarm, but I cannot get that to work either....the speedo digits don't come on as they should when I depress both turn signals immediately after switching the ignition on. I even pulled the main (40A) fuse for a brief period hoping that would reset things.......it did not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
When you put the battery in the fob positive goes down and the negative side is visible. Manual says deactivate alarm by moving an assigned fob near the vehicle. Also says the alarm will go for 10 30 second cycles with 10 second pause between cycles. Bet it seemed much longer

Did you try:
kill switch off
ign to accessary
Push both turn signals -- Security lamp should flash fast
press left turn sig to enter number and right turn to confirm and move to the next number.
Good luck

Old 01-30-2016, 02:53 PM
SixSixRider
Club Member

If I had to guess, it probably went off for about 10 cycles and then stopped....with the systems disabled. I double checked the new fob battery was in correctly. The kills switch is in the "start" position. I can't get the turn signal strategy to come on. I'm baffled. Arrrrrgh!

Old 01-30-2016, 03:26 PM
Vernal
Club Member

The following pages are from the 2010 Electrical diagnostic manual. It says Kill switch off Ign switch in Accy.

Old 01-30-2016, 04:31 PM
SixSixRider
Club Member

Thx Vernal.....won't be able to try this until tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I didn't have the switches in that position. Fingers crossed.

Old 02-01-2016, 12:25 PM
SixSixRider
Club Member

Things continued to NOT make sense or respond as expected, so I checked fuses and found one blown. I replaced the fuse and I was back in business! Sometimes it's the simple things!!

Old 02-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Vernal
Club Member

Originally Posted by SixSixRider
Things continued to NOT make sense or respond as expected, so I checked fuses and found one blown. I replaced the fuse and I was back in business! Sometimes it's the simple things!!
Note to self: Check simple stuff first

Glad you got it going