Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Starting with no fob alarm not turned on.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 01:04 PM
Pirish
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Starting with no fob alarm not turned on.

Hey guys got a question here... so today my wife and I went for a rip and I forgot my fob at home...I know about the PIN code to start it but here's what happened....

got back to the bike, turned the ignition on and pressed the start button she fired up without the pin.....

Isn't the bike supposed to have an ignition shutoff? or does the system need to be armed?

Thanks

Old 04-14-2016, 03:18 PM
Bigrig793
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not good !

May be wrong, (it happened once before) but it should not start without the FOB, it should have asked for the PIN to be entered before you could start it.

Old 04-14-2016, 05:57 PM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

I think it depends on if it's a push button fob or a proximity fob. Proximity fob it shouldn't start. Push button will start if it's not armed, no matter where the fob is.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 04-14-2016, 06:08 PM
madsonp
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Do you have your spare fob on the bike somewhere ?

Old 04-14-2016, 06:26 PM
Pirish
Cruiser

Thanks for the Replies all...

Bigrig... I didn't even start the steps to enter the code... just turned ign and started...

Madsonp.... Nope only have one fob...

Which brings me to Oz Nightrain... did some digging and found some info... your right
Proximity fob would auto-arm it...

Mine is a push button. so for the starter disabler to engage I have to use the Fob to arm the system. Or I change it to auto arm after 30 sec (instructions in the manual).

So those with the older fob system.. (Push button) remember that you have to arm the system for the starter disable to work.

Old 04-14-2016, 06:39 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Wait so to recap, all this time, you carry your fob... You, not using your button, walk away thinking that yours has proximity sensor and arming the system ... Not using fork lock etc...
I mean if that's true, you're really lucky...
Lol.... Pretty funny, yeah? Clean living... Awesome you find out the easy way

Old 04-14-2016, 07:23 PM
Pirish
Cruiser

LOL not quite amkaos...But it's a good thing I live in a small community, hell we don't even lock our doors here..Gotta love Canada.

But when I go into the cities nearby normally I have my fob with me and arm the system cause I have the Siren with pager.. but today (3 ride of the season) I left my fob in the garage..

I assumed that the factory alarm (starter disable) was like my Van and trucks. Passive arming of the starter disable only. But for the alarm you have to push the button. My vehicles, if the fobs aren't present when the key is inserted the vehicle won't start till a fob is present even if the alarm wasn't activated.

So now I know specially when I go into the big cities nearby to make sure I have my Fob lol..

Old 04-14-2016, 07:30 PM
amkaos
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Pirish
LOL not quite amkaos...But it's a good thing I live in a small community, hell we don't even lock our doors here..Gotta love Canada.

But when I go into the cities nearby normally I have my fob with me and arm the system cause I have the Siren with pager.. but today (3 ride of the season) I left my fob in the garage..

I assumed that the factory alarm (starter disable) was like my Van and trucks. Passive arming of the starter disable only. But for the alarm you have to push the button. My vehicles, if the fobs aren't present when the key is inserted the vehicle won't start till a fob is present even if the alarm wasn't activated.

So now I know specially when I go into the big cities nearby to make sure I have my Fob lol..
Um you're Canadian so your country is pronounced Canadia.... Get it straight... Lol

Last edited by amkaos; 04-14-2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:34 PM
Pirish
Cruiser

LMAO.... but I do speak americanish... man I feel sorry for you guys having that girl on you tube claiming she's the ruler of America...

On a serious note though... it's good to know now how the system works specially when I do my trip to Omaha in July..

Old 04-14-2016, 08:04 PM
Oz Nightrain
Road Captain
Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts

As Amkaos said, glad you found out the easy way.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup