Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

MICTUNING 7 Inch Chrome Cree LED Projector Daymaker Hi/Lo Beam Headlight for Harley Davidson Motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 07:39 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by JHC210
Did you modify the bucket for the LED to fit?

It fit the stock bucket. Now that it's adjusted I think it works great.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:45 PM
sevitz5
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
It fit the stock bucket. Now that it's adjusted I think it works great.
I just installed this same light on my 05. I had to trim some of the bucket to get it to fit, but no big deal. It came with this harness......any idea what it's for? Do I need to plug it in?
Thanks

Old 12-06-2016, 08:51 PM
Bearfan
Road Master
Received 249 Likes on 96 Posts

So if ordering this light on Amazon, is their adapters needed? I'll be mounting into my 2016 Street Glide special.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:36 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bearfan
So if ordering this light on Amazon, is their adapters needed? I'll be mounting into my 2016 Street Glide special.

I needed to get this:

5-3/4 inch 7" LED Headlight Wire Harness Adapter For 2014 2015 2016 Harley Davidson Daymaker

Old 12-07-2016, 07:39 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by sevitz5
I just installed this same light on my 05. I had to trim some of the bucket to get it to fit, but no big deal. It came with this harness......any idea what it's for? Do I need to plug it in?
Thanks

The packaging says that it's a "HIGH-TECH CAPACITOR" to keep the headlight from flickering. I am using it since I have it. I haven't noticed a difference.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:41 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

I forgot to mention, the radio does work now. Not good but from the factory it was crap so at least it's back to that. The bulbs totallyturned my radio into white noise so it's nice to have something back.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:36 AM
GoofySB
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

From what I've read, the HD Daymaker has some issues. Wondering if this is similar or an improvement.

How does this light perform in curves at night? Does it look as though its off during the day at certain angles?

One thing about using a LED replacement bulb seems to be the visibility at an angle during the day is good.

see post 154 here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...opinion-4.html

Last edited by GoofySB; 01-08-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:31 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

I have adjusted this a few times and think I have it dialed in pretty good. Definitely more light than stock and better than the LED bulbs.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:57 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by GoofySB
From what I've read, the HD Daymaker has some issues. Wondering if this is similar or an improvement.

How does this light perform in curves at night? Does it look as though its off during the day at certain angles?

One thing about using a LED replacement bulb seems to be the visibility at an angle during the day is good.

see post 154 here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/new-r...opinion-4.html

I can see my reflection in the read end of cars and a buddy of mine said he could see me fine. Not very scientific but it is at least some feedback. Curves are good, there are a couple of side lights that just use the light from the main bulbs but shine on the ground and on the side. I think it's pretty good on the corners, much better than I expected. It's better than what I had before. For the price you can't go wrong and I expect that we'll see even more come out in this price range. I saw one on FB advertised for a Jeep and it looked like it would be a really bright light and it came in a 2 pack for around $100 so even cheaper if you can get a friend to go in with you.

Old 01-09-2017, 03:14 PM
sevitz5
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
I can see my reflection in the read end of cars and a buddy of mine said he could see me fine. Not very scientific but it is at least some feedback. Curves are good, there are a couple of side lights that just use the light from the main bulbs but shine on the ground and on the side. I think it's pretty good on the corners, much better than I expected. It's better than what I had before. For the price you can't go wrong and I expect that we'll see even more come out in this price range. I saw one on FB advertised for a Jeep and it looked like it would be a really bright light and it came in a 2 pack for around $100 so even cheaper if you can get a friend to go in with you.
Any advice on how to adjust the light, or is it just trial and error?

Quick Reply: MICTUNING 7 Inch Chrome Cree LED Projector Daymaker Hi/Lo Beam Headlight for Harley Davidson Motorcycle