Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

MICTUNING 7 Inch Chrome Cree LED Projector Daymaker Hi/Lo Beam Headlight for Harley Davidson Motorcycle

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 03:47 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by sevitz5
Any advice on how to adjust the light, or is it just trial and error?

The service manual has the proper way to adjust but you need a flat surface for 25ft and I don't have that. I can't use my driveway and garage door because of the angle of the drive. So, I have been riding and adjusting to my taste. I was way too high so when I put the brights on I could see it at the tops of the trees, I have been adjusting down little by little and think I have it pretty close. if anything I may need to adjust up a little now. It's easy to leave the beauty ring off and ride around with an allen wrench if you want to really get it dialed in.

Old 01-16-2017, 07:02 PM
tbrince
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

I have the HD daymaker,love it,and it didn't cost 500. As far as aiming it I followed the instructions and it wasn't quite right. I live in country so pulled my bike onto road adjusted till it looked good. Then went for ride came back tweeked it great. Properly aimed low beam will cover all four lanes on slab and high looks like it shines a mile. I work for an agronomy company and spring time I'm riding home eleven, twelve even one AM. Seeing critters on the sides of the road are important

Last edited by tbrince; 01-16-2017 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:06 PM
tbrince
Tourer
Received 48 Likes on 44 Posts

I must say if I was to do again I would go with the JW Speaker 8700 evo 2. Improved model better warranty.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:06 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

After having this on the bike a few weeks I have decided to return it. The light pattern is a bit splotchy (easy to see on the wall, not as much on the road) and the bright light, despite being almost twice the lumens, has very little impact when riding. I have adjusted a few times and have it about as good as it gets now. It's definitely better than the stock and even better than the LED bulbs but I am looking for max light at night and this just isn't getting it.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:00 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Rocket67
After having this on the bike a few weeks I have decided to return it. The light pattern is a bit splotchy (easy to see on the wall, not as much on the road) and the bright light, despite being almost twice the lumens, has very little impact when riding. I have adjusted a few times and have it about as good as it gets now. It's definitely better than the stock and even better than the LED bulbs but I am looking for max light at night and this just isn't getting it.

I have decided to keep it. For the money, it's a great light. I was out riding the other day and it got dark on me, this light worked very well on low and a definite improvement on high. It's not as much as I want but for the price it definitely does the job. So, I'll just use this one until one of them $500 lights comes down to a reasonable price.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:20 PM
Peanuthead
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

I have a Phase 7 by Truck lite on my 05 RK. It cost me like $150 at a bike show. Super bright and doesn't interfere with the radio I've got (Quadzilla batwing).

Old 02-10-2017, 08:14 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Peanuthead
I have a Phase 7 by Truck lite on my 05 RK. It cost me like $150 at a bike show. Super bright and doesn't interfere with the radio I've got (Quadzilla batwing).

A brand name Phase 7 Truck-Lite is still in the $270 range retail at this time. I have never seen them that low even at the shows, good buy if you can get it at that price.

Old 02-10-2017, 08:27 AM
Peanuthead
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
A brand name Phase 7 Truck-Lite is still in the $270 range retail at this time. I have never seen them that low even at the shows, good buy if you can get it at that price.
Yeah I did get lucky. When I replied there were two on eBay selling for $80!!!!! If I could convince my wife to upgrade to all LEDs on her Ultra, I'd snag one. I'd link it but work has blocked eBay.

Last edited by Peanuthead; 02-10-2017 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-03-2017, 08:20 AM
gray_ghost
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any problems with EMI radio interference? I spent a week troubleshooting my radio issue only to discover the problem was my Cryon 'Urban' LED headlight. My fav local station is 107.3....but that light creates overwhelming EMI (in power lines). And ferrite chokes DONT help.

Old 04-03-2017, 11:28 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by gray_ghost
Any problems with EMI radio interference? I spent a week troubleshooting my radio issue only to discover the problem was my Cryon 'Urban' LED headlight. My fav local station is 107.3....but that light creates overwhelming EMI (in power lines). And ferrite chokes DONT help.

I had the LED bulbs that go into the stock headlight and they played havoc with my radio. The new LED (mctuning) does not interfere at all.

Quick Reply: MICTUNING 7 Inch Chrome Cree LED Projector Daymaker Hi/Lo Beam Headlight for Harley Davidson Motorcycle