Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Electra Glo lights or equivalent

Old 01-17-2017, 02:15 PM
Fuzzyweis
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Electra Glo lights or equivalent

I'd like to put some lighting on my '98 Electra Glide Classic saddlebags. I really like the look of the Electra Glo LED Saddlebag lights, part #67800241A, but it doesn't list compatible with my year.

I'm wondering if it's just the wiring that's not compatible? I already have a trailer light adapter and can wire them up if that's the case. Or is it the actual size/fitment on the newer bags?

I've seen the older tubes that go along the guard rails and am not keen on those, also not liking the Kuryakyn spear style as the bag rails would interfere with them.

Other suggestions welcome, don't mind a little chrome, but just want something simple like the Electra Glo, and able to work as run/turn/brake so I can maybe clean up the stock rear light cluster eventually.

How the Electra Glo mount would also be perfect as the bags have some wear spots right there, so would save a repaint job there too

Old 01-20-2017, 06:29 PM
Fuzzyweis
Advanced
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Did some further research, measured my bags, was at the dealer and surreptitiously measured some road glide and street glide bags. It looks like the backs are all 7.5" wide at the top lip. As they go on with tape should be a pretty good fit, so gonna save my pennies and get some.

I already have a run/turn/brake controller, so if I just have to do some rewiring no big.