Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Am I going to be arrested for blinking red lights? First ride today.

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 11:32 AM
13RoadKing
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Based on your advises I decided to ride to police parking lot, turn on siren and blue/red lights and when police officer comes to me, I'll ask him if it is OK to do that. Thanks!

Old 02-22-2017, 08:09 AM
13RoadKing
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Yesterday I fixed siren, now i need to get refrigerator magnets to cover "Police" on fuel tank.
Police impersonators don't wear bright red "Honda" jackets.

Old 08-26-2022, 09:29 AM
Docmel
Advanced
Received 57 Likes on 25 Posts

Thats because your bicycle isnt a motor vehcile

Old 08-26-2022, 09:48 AM
Docmel
Advanced

Originally Posted by 13RoadKing
Based on your advises I decided to ride to police parking lot, turn on siren and blue/red lights and when police officer comes to me, I'll ask him if it is OK to do that. Thanks!
Yep, if kidding, I get it

But frankly why not just ride up and ask first? Or better yet why ask on the net? Just call and ask your local PD

And yes, most cops do like to help

The prob is the public not caring for them or wasting thier time . If you flagrantly ride up with all the goodies flashing, you are asking for a citation: Now the cop is out of service while you are wasting his time, you knew it was wrong, or possibly so, while someone somewhere else is getting robbed

Hell I had trooper stop me for running purple LED lights on my license plate: Illegal but he didnt write me up, checked my paperwork, let me go. Its thier job

Look, if you might think or know its illegal, and go ahead anyhow, consider this: If you get pulled, be sure all your paperwork is straight and you havent been comnsuming ANY alchohol

Dangle a worm, expect a bite...........Having blue or red lights where they dont belong aint cool, and nobody else really thinks so either

And consider this: What do you do when you see a flashing red or blue light coming? You pull over and stop: An in addition, now you have to pull over to the passing lane if you see them flashing on the side of the road. Come on guys, think it thru...........................

You want them on your ride, go to the academy

Its funny how if let go, cops are cool. But of you get caught violating an ordinance or such and get a ticket or hauled off, they are ********.................................

If asking, yeah I was a cop: Dont feel the need to apologize for any comments possibly made. I wouldve rather had one person do the right thing, than 10 people give apologies for doing the wrong thing

Last edited by Docmel; 08-26-2022 at 09:49 AM.
The following users liked this post:
sherob (08-26-2022)
Old 08-26-2022, 10:17 AM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,499 Likes on 4,612 Posts

The thread is from 2017, from a guy who was banned from the forum the same year...

Old 08-26-2022, 11:33 AM
Tuck1991
Cruiser
Received 113 Likes on 64 Posts

On the off chance the OP was being serious, Florida law says no blue or red lights visible from the front and no flashing lights at all (excluding turn signals and hazard lights) unless your an emergency vehicle. It's also just a nonmoving traffic citation. No hands up.

316.2397 Certain lights prohibited; exceptions.—
(1) No person shall drive or move or cause to be moved any vehicle or equipment upon any highway within this state with any lamp or device thereon showing or displaying a red or blue light visible from directly in front thereof except for certain vehicles hereinafter provided.
(7) Flashing lights are prohibited on vehicles except as a means of indicating a right or left turn, to change lanes, or to indicate that the vehicle is lawfully stopped or disabled upon the highway or except that the lamps authorized in subsections (1), (2), (3), (4), and (9) and s. 316.235(5) are permitted to flash.
(8) Subsections (1) and (7) do not apply to police, fire, or authorized emergency vehicles while in the performance of their necessary duties.
(9) Flashing red lights may be used by emergency response vehicles of the Department of Environmental Protection and the Department of Health when responding to an emergency in the line of duty.
(10) A violation of this section is a noncriminal traffic infraction, punishable as a nonmoving violation as provided in chapter 318.

Old 08-26-2022, 02:29 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,628 Likes on 5,180 Posts

Originally Posted by hvacgaspiping
And ultimately, your hands.......
And wallet.
Only flashing/turn signal color to front allow here is amber and yes they well had you a ticket.
Blue lights to the front or rear are no go. You can have reasonable ground effect lights but they better be ground.

Old 08-26-2022, 07:15 PM
Max Headflow
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,260 Likes on 3,630 Posts

Nah, They won't arrest you.. They may shoot you tho..

Old 08-27-2022, 08:21 AM
Docmel
Advanced

A cop shooting folks joke: Let me tell you how funny that is:

When a LEO gets involved in a shoot:

1. You are immediatley suspect of wrong doing, yes by your own admin
2. You WILL submit to both alchohol/drug test
3. You WILL be under admin suspension, depth dependant on your admin, could be with or W/O pay
4. You will get death threats on the phone, the I net, or even on your front lawn
5. Even if you are proven it was a righteous shoot, in some cases you can still be taken to court for civil charges (sued)
6. If you are proven not in the right, you will never serve again as a LEO

All of the above causes hesitation on the LEOs part, which ends up with the LEO being shot, or the general publc

But what isnt funny is when you call 911 and there is a delay to get to you

Old 08-27-2022, 08:22 AM
Docmel
Advanced

Not to mention you live with that death FOREVER

Quick Reply: Am I going to be arrested for blinking red lights? First ride today.