Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

AMP Multi-Lock Crimper ... I found a decent one at a good price.

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 11:42 AM
voudoujoe
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default AMP Multi-Lock Crimper ... I found a decent one at a good price.

I'm pretty new at working on my own bike and learning as I go. So, I'm posting this for the other new Harley owners. Hopefully it will make things a little easier.

Recently, I've been doing some wiring on my rear lights, turn signals and plate light. If you're doing this, you have to deal with the AMP multi-lock connectors ... the ones that that have the little pins in the plastic connectors. They're pretty easy once you get hang of it, but I found it difficult to do a clean crimp job with needle nose pliers, soldering every pin to be a pain and taking wires to my indy shop to get them to crimp for me was a pain too.

Priced the tools and the OEM crimpers were just stupid expensive. So, a few weeks ago I put up a post here asking about a reasonably priced crimper ... didn't get much response.

I took a look around the internet and decided to try a crimper from Performance Plus Connection (I am not connected to this company in any way).

I found the tool on his eBay store and called him to see if he thought it would work. Nice guy.

I bought the WHPT-11. On eBay, look for "Delphi Packard Five-Cavity Wide-Range Crimper 22-12 AWG / 24-14 AWG" or "Open Barrel Terminal Crimping Tool For OEM Terminals"

Cost $31.50 and he shipped it right away. Works like a charm.

Attached Thumbnails AMP Multi-Lock Crimper ... I found a decent one at a good price.-whpt11-fm-perfplusconnection.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Rick Moore (12-22-2020)
Old 07-07-2012, 03:04 PM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

you can get it on amazon as well...$30

Amazon Amazon

Old 07-07-2012, 07:46 PM
thatsalexus?
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the one I use. I've pretty much tried them all, including the one pictured and I still prefer this one. It's a little more $, but you could also probably get the identical Matco one, etc. for a little less.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog

WooHoo, first post...