Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

DDM Tuning 55Watt is not plug and play

Old 12-20-2012, 01:32 PM
XxGeinNothingxX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DDM Tuning 55Watt is not plug and play

Back when I had a Honda 600RR I bought a DDM Tuning kit that was super nice and completly plug and play. I decided to use them again on my 13 Streetglide. I ordered the kit from DDM Tuning and it came from China. Boxing and addressed from there. Opended it up and everything was cheaply wrapped and bulb didnt even have a nice plastic cover over it. Ballast and everything has no lables and has nothing to do with DDM. Anywho, they new wiring harness that comes with the 55 watt was actually a harness for a car. It was not made for a motorcycle, so why did i buy a motorcycle kit? The lead from the H4 connector to the relay was only about 18" and the lead from the relay that has to go to the battery was only about 12".

With this said, I had to run to walmart and but some 16 guage wire to match the power lead and got some 18 to go with their 20 guage ground. I had to solder into their wireing to reach from the batwing under the tank to the battery.

I then had to bundle up the extra lead that would go to your other headlight on a vehicle and and ziptie.

I put everything together and luckily everything workded perfect, high and low, and the change is magnificent.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the kits do not seem to be as good quality as they used to be and that this kit is not plug and play but does work nicely.

I got the kit DDM 35W & 55W Single Hi/Lo Motorcycle HID Kit.

Also wanted to let everyone know that the kit doesn't even come with any kind of instructions, but unit is straight forward and you should be fine with common sense.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:21 PM
rookieHDguy
Stage I

I guess I don't have the common sense required. What did you do with the unused connector? Where does the plug that looks like would connect into the OE wiring harness that runs the headlight, right next to the battery lead?

Thanks in advance

Old 07-23-2014, 06:46 PM
XxGeinNothingxX
Intermediate

The extra harness is just rolled up, you would need to have a extra ignitor/ballast to attach to it to make useful. The harness plugs right into the power of the stock headlight harness. So say your light burnt out, you could always remove your light, unplug the HID harness and put your stock bulb back in and still have light and leave the HID kit condemned until you get another HID bulb. I got my stock bulb in my saddlebag. Sorry about the late response, I have not had time to get on here in a long while.