Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Aux Switch

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 03:33 PM
Rumble Bee
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aux Switch

How and where do you hook up wiring for something that you want hooked up to the aux switch? 2013 Electra Glide

Old 04-14-2014, 04:05 PM
semelsje
6th Gear
Default Think I found it

I asked the same question for connecting a GPS to my 2010 UC. Didn't get any real answers, so I think I've finally figured it out between the owners manual and the shop manual. If you pull the seat there will be a empty connector just forward of the battery box, there should be an orange wire in this connector that is controlled by the acc switch. I won't be able to confirm this until Thursday when I get a chance to go back into my bike. If you aren't in a rush, and I'm correct, I'll put some pictures on this forum. The manuals also state that you should be able to get the connecter load side plugs from the Harley dealer - We'll see.

Old 04-15-2014, 05:56 PM
semelsje
6th Gear
Default I did find it.

Ok, I did find the right connector and I also blew the 15 amp fuse while I was checking out the leads. There should be three attachments to this reply. One of them shows the capped connection as it looks when you take the seat off, dead center in the picture. The second shows the same connection without the cap showing 4 male connectors inside the connection. The last one shows the HD part I bought to make my hookup. It turns out the part I got really is a splitter so you can hook up 2 accessories instead of just one, I'm sure there is another part that allows you to just connect one. My plan is to cut off the two new connectors and wire in my GPS to one of the set of wires and just not use the rest. Hope this helps you out some. The best I can tell from the four connect points, two of them are controlled by the accessory rocker switch, one of them is hot all the time, and one is ground. So, I'll be using one lead controlled by the rocker, and the ground. No, clock device or anything else that needs to be powered all the time on my GPs.

Attached Thumbnails Aux Switch-capped-connecter.jpg   Aux Switch-cap-removed-2.jpg   Aux Switch-what-i-bought.jpg  

Last edited by semelsje; 04-15-2014 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Added information