Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Kuryakyn rear lighting

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 05:04 PM
sixty7flh
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakyn rear lighting

bought a module that turned my tombstone and the bullets into LED's and made the bullets (turn lamps) running lights also. I think it even flashed then like the "back off" thing. It all worked as should for a few years... UNICEA LIGHTING is what the kit is called

This year I noticed my right bullet not on. so i started by taking bullet apart, then thought, "They're LEDs.. hmmmm" then went up to the module under my seat.. I know it was crammed in there probobly to tight, etc.. as I was handling it, I noticed the OTHER bullet intermittently function, so I played around.. If I were to gently squeeze the rectangular module, THIS (left side), would be affected. burn real low, etc,, so short of being able to test the pin outputs etc, I decided to be a "parts changer". I use that word, as I am against it most the time. I am a tech (otherstuff) that prides myself in NOT being a "parts changer". but diagnosing before replacing. well I shelled out 80 bucks,waited two days for arrival, put it in and NOTHING! That is what I get huh!. so... I have NO brake lights, HAD one of the two turns always off. (no running lights, no turn signal), now even with new module, neither bullet works, and no brake light. Any ideas? I doubt I have a schematic or anything to actually tell me what to test of the module. It is an in series plug. I wonder if I just plug in the two OEM harley plugs together, (omit this altogether for troubleshooting) if it will cause damage being the Karyakyn kit is at the end now.

Last edited by sixty7flh; 04-17-2014 at 05:07 PM. Reason: explained kit name