Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Harley combination meter problem

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2014, 06:14 AM
CDN-Deluxe
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Harley combination meter problem

Good morning everyone..

I'm having a hell of a time transferring the odometer reading to a 70900072A Combo Gauge on my 2006 Deluxe EFI. I have followed the instructions to a tee but when I put the run switch on run and the ign switch to ign the gauge shows " NO CAL " then displays " % 0 " after that nothing happens, it never leaves 0%. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Craig

Old 06-01-2014, 06:37 AM
CDN-Deluxe
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found this

"I eventually was able to get the new speedo/tach installed, but a word of caution to anyone purchasing one of these new accessory speedo/tach units from Harley. Wether 4" or 5", once you install one of these if it should fail you are kind of screwed. The issue I was having installing the new unit was that an accessory speedo/tach can not read the odometer data from another accessory speedo/tach. I didn't have the original speedo from the bike as I am a second owner, so my option was to purchase a factory set speedo for the bike, install that and then follow the instructions to install the new speedo/tach. What a rat race!! Thankfully the dealer had another bike with a factory speedo with similar mileage that came in on trade and thankfully they wanted to help me out. They took the speedo from the other bike, installed in mine, read the odometer from that into my new speedo/tach and voila, Bob's your uncle.

So, just a word of caution about these new plug and play speedo/tach's that seem to be all the rage. Keep your factory gauge! The odometer won't be right down the road, but without it you too could be screwed screwed!"

I think this my be my problem, my speedo has a tach built in so I think it is an Accy speedo,,, This sucks...