Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

No warning stall

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 12:19 AM
gt06
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No warning stall

Hi all..... Been awhile since I've been on here but I'm having troubles and could use some expert help that I'm sure I can find on this forum. It started a couple weeks ago when I took my grown daughter out for a ride on Father's Day. Riding along everything is fine and without any warning at all the bike just shut down. I have a carbureted 2006 heritage classic. I decided to turn around and head back closer to home. It ran the rest of the day with no issues. I've since had it out for all day rides and again no issues. Well tonight when I left work I had it running in the parking lot and all of a sudden before I got on it ups and dies. No lights on or nothin. Just dies. No sputtering... It just shuts down. I fire it back up and leave for home. Going down the ramp to the hiway it does the same thing again. It's dark and I have no lights and I coast to the shoulder. I turn the ignition off and back on hit the starter button and it starts no problem. Away I go. I get down the hiway to the first exit and decide I better take the dark country roads home. Too dangerous having the bike just quit in the middle of the express lanes in the dark with all power disappearing. It happened twice more before I hit my driveway. Any ideas on what may be causing this. I thought it might be the ignition switch on the dash shorting out as it seems a little bit loose. I will take it apart in the morning to have a look. . Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be great. Thanks

GT.