Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Need help for turn signal indicator on 2013 FXDC

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 09:49 PM
capitan1962
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Need help for turn signal indicator on 2013 FXDC

Guys I just had a small problem start today. The left turn signal indicator is not working as well as the high beam indicator. Both the high beam and turn signal work fine just the indicators. Also the four way flashers work but only the right side indicator works. Haven't even started diagnosing yet as it was dark when I got home so figured I would ask if anybody else has had this same problem. Thanks in advance.

Old 07-21-2014, 10:11 PM
ColoFXDC
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's under warranty. Take it in.

Old 07-29-2014, 10:37 PM
livebeforeidie
Advanced

Hey there, how'd you go with the problem? I'm curious as I have a 2011 Fat Boy Lo, and today I noticed the left turn arrow on my dash is not working, but the indicators are working fine. I pulled the dash apart looking for a blown bulb but there's nothing I can do as it's just a small module with circuit boards and LEDs. Any word on your problem?

Cheers,
Mike

Old 07-30-2014, 08:49 AM
capitan1962
Tourer

Originally Posted by livebeforeidie
Hey there, how'd you go with the problem? I'm curious as I have a 2011 Fat Boy Lo, and today I noticed the left turn arrow on my dash is not working, but the indicators are working fine. I pulled the dash apart looking for a blown bulb but there's nothing I can do as it's just a small module with circuit boards and LEDs. Any word on your problem?

Cheers,
Mike
I called and spoke with the tech that knows me well. He said those LED lights will go out sometimes which is what happened to mine. The signals work fine just the small indicator on the dash doesn't. I am getting close to a service so when I take it in for that I will schedule the repair on the LEDs. Still under warranty so no costs to me.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:00 PM
livebeforeidie
Advanced

Hey mate, thanks for the reply! I'm thinking I probably got water in it from the wash a day before the ride...or maybe the rain last month and I didn't notice the little turn arrow out.

I havent' checked the high beam indicator, I'll do that tomorrow as I'm taking it for state inspection.

I rode to Dallas in May and had a bunch of other electrical gremlins creep in - the BCM kept spitting codes at me. One of them being brake light switch coming on (dodgey switch), and a blown light bulb or two, a battery charging code...I was getting pretty pissed and ready to offload it to a dealer. Just seems that every other time I get the bike out, something else f*cks up on it. I noticed yesterday both brake cylinders leaking fluid.

3 years and 1600 miles....WTF?

Old 08-01-2014, 12:01 AM
capitan1962
Tourer

Originally Posted by livebeforeidie
Hey mate, thanks for the reply! I'm thinking I probably got water in it from the wash a day before the ride...or maybe the rain last month and I didn't notice the little turn arrow out.

I havent' checked the high beam indicator, I'll do that tomorrow as I'm taking it for state inspection.

I rode to Dallas in May and had a bunch of other electrical gremlins creep in - the BCM kept spitting codes at me. One of them being brake light switch coming on (dodgey switch), and a blown light bulb or two, a battery charging code...I was getting pretty pissed and ready to offload it to a dealer. Just seems that every other time I get the bike out, something else f*cks up on it. I noticed yesterday both brake cylinders leaking fluid.

3 years and 1600 miles....WTF?
Don't be discouraged bro, things happen. We still ride the premier bikes.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:04 PM
livebeforeidie
Advanced

Originally Posted by capitan1962
Don't be discouraged bro, things happen. We still ride the premier bikes.
Right on, brother. Despite my grumbles, I really dig riding it. Plus, I bought it for my daughter for her second birthday, so I'm not sure it would be right to offload it.

I took it for the state inspection today, no issues. I guess the missing blinker arrow is not part of the roadworthy. Nor the sticking brake light switch. I did notice the high beam indicator does work.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:43 PM
fgs0407
1st Gear
Default still the issue

Does some body find something? My fat boy lo 2012 does the same. I change the led module and still the same. Left ad hi beam does not work. Thanks