Electrical/Lighting/Alarm Having electrical problems? Discussion on everything electrical and lighting systems.

Front Turn Signal Relocation Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2014, 11:16 AM
Odelay
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Front Turn Signal Relocation Issues

Posted this in Dyna section but I thought I'd try here, searched with no luck...

I have a 2012 Street Bob- I recently relocated the turn signals to my triple tree using some Drag Specialties stock-looking bullets (non-LED). I bought some pin connectors from Harley in order to mate up the aftermarket signals with the turn signal wire harnesses that are hidden in the neck of the bike. Got everything connected and wired up with no issues.

According to Harley's own signal relocation kit, you're supposed to flash the hazards at least 10 times to allow the system to verify turn signal bulb operation. If I have the key in the ACC position, then I have no issues getting the turn signals to blink when the hazards are activated. If I have the key in the ignition position then I have an issue- no blinking. Both the hazards and turn signals will not operate when the bike is on, only the running lights.

I thought at first I could have an issue with wiring, but I tested the connections with a bulb tester and I was correct. Even if I check it at the socket, it is correct- I turn on the blinker and the tester flashes. I even re-wired and mocked it up backwards to try it to no avail. I also thought there may be some kind of load issue, but since they are standard bulb headlights and the connection seems to be working according to test, I don't think so. The rear blinkers and all other electrical is fine, no error codes, and like I said, they work as running lights.

Anyone have this problem when relocating front turn signals? Seems like this guy had the same issue but got it resolved, didn't share his method, and never came back:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-g...-problems.html

Any help is much appreciated