Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

Why hasnt the aftermarket world made a balanced HD crank?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2015, 11:27 AM
BJB
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I hear you, man. Age catches us all.
Thing is she is not the wee slip of a hippie girl I married and I'm not the rompin stompin former college FB player she married. We do not look our ages (mid- sixties) but she did put in a request for a bagger for a retirement toy. '13 FLTRU we will be loading up for a mid week trip later today. She still loves the '09 FXDF Dyna "bitch pillow" though. Insisted we keep both and is anxiously awaiting a rebuild on a '79 FXFE.
Go to a IMC show and see the "talent" they have for decorations at the Ducati display. Perfect for the back of a Multistrada. Things is I have enough high maintainance toys now. I'm afraid the cost of trading in on an new model is too much. Will be looking at Ducatis next IMC show though.

Old 08-25-2015, 11:10 PM
fat_tony
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 168 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by BJB
I took a Multistrada for a test ride last Thur. 8/20 @ Moon Motorsports in Monticello MN. Backed of at 105 MPH in %th gear and still wanted to pull & pull hard. Only saw 6th to say it was in it. In 3rd gear it was not happy going 60 MPH; wanted to go fast,
Fast? OH YEAH!

Touring bike? Not for me. In the BS session afterwards w/ the Ducati reps I said I'd love to own one but if that's a touring bike then an F/A 18 Hornet is a crop duster.

The rt side peg is maybe 4 inches from the brake pedal pad. Forget about where the passenger's knees are. Bitch pad that only a 5-6, 110 lb, hottie would fit on. Not clip ons but you are scrunched down on the tank. Great bike but a long way from a HD FL platform.
Sure it was a Multistrada? A Multistrada has adventure tour bike ergos with a bolt upright seating position, no leaning forward or leaning over the tank. It's also fairly large so there is no scrunching up in any direction if you're under 6ft.

Last edited by fat_tony; 08-27-2015 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 12:24 AM
BJB
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Multistrada. All the Diavals were spoken for. Should have taken a Scrambler, upon further review.