Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

2016 new Bolt on 110 kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2015, 01:26 AM
PureHybrid
Road Master
Received 376 Likes on 235 Posts

The scale for HP and tq is different on his graph.

Nice numbers. I'm sure some timing on top of Harleys canned map will do it some good.

Old 10-08-2015, 11:02 PM
Tripleshot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sold. I have been riding my sons 2015 CVO SGS and it runs circles around my 103HO 2015 flhtk. I want that bolt in on my limited and its now very close to a CVO limited with all the adds I put on it. If I am anywhere in the neighborhood of the ride the 110 wet head in my sons CVO, I am jumping all over this. My dealer stated they do the work, I get full warranty. With that in writing, I am going to pull the trigger. I may go with the Andrews 57H cam though. Jury out on that choice. Thanks for a good thread.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:08 PM
3WHEELSTEVE
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 110 bolt in kit

They went from a cast lining to a tool steel lining so they can go thinner with out breaking and no case boring. It's suppose to fit 07 and up Big Twins.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:17 PM
djl
HDF Community Team

Received 2,022 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Originally Posted by 3WHEELSTEVE
They went from a cast lining to a tool steel lining so they can go thinner with out breaking and no case boring. It's suppose to fit 07 and up Big Twins.
I think the cylinders will fit any 88" or 96" cases; would need to find the right pistons for an 88"er though.

Old 10-09-2015, 07:52 PM
dmarriner60
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tripleshot
I'm sold. I have been riding my sons 2015 CVO SGS and it runs circles around my 103HO 2015 flhtk. I want that bolt in on my limited and its now very close to a CVO limited with all the adds I put on it. If I am anywhere in the neighborhood of the ride the 110 wet head in my sons CVO, I am jumping all over this. My dealer stated they do the work, I get full warranty. With that in writing, I am going to pull the trigger. I may go with the Andrews 57H cam though. Jury out on that choice. Thanks for a good thread.
You won't be disappointed I can promise you, I am loving it and I still haven't gotten back into to get it finished dialed in and timing played with. Made a huge difference over where I was at, and I think it will be a perfect candidate for a couple lbs of cooled boost later down the road haha

Old 10-09-2015, 09:40 PM
OldEnuf2NoBtr
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,811 Likes on 1,064 Posts

Originally Posted by dmarriner60
You won't be disappointed I can promise you, I am loving it and I still haven't gotten back into to get it finished dialed in and timing played with. Made a huge difference over where I was at, and I think it will be a perfect candidate for a couple lbs of cooled boost later down the road haha
Please do report back after you get it all dialed in and the torque taken up to the maximum amount of this kit. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket but if you take the torque much over the 120 ft/lb threshold you are taking a substantial risk that you're going to scissor your OEM crank and destroy the engine. Just so you know.

Old 10-10-2015, 09:35 AM
dmarriner60
Advanced

Originally Posted by OldEnuf2NoBtr
Please do report back after you get it all dialed in and the torque taken up to the maximum amount of this kit. I'm not trying to be a wet blanket but if you take the torque much over the 120 ft/lb threshold you are taking a substantial risk that you're going to scissor your OEM crank and destroy the engine. Just so you know.
Yeah I hear ya for sure will be riding on the edge, worst case I end up with built bottom end sooner than planned I figure. And hoping to get back over on the dyno this week, gonna mount the power vision and keep an eye on things, maybe some logs too in the mean time

Old 10-10-2015, 11:28 AM
ntraindavefl
Road Warrior
Received 333 Likes on 234 Posts

Yeah I hear ya for sure will be riding on the edge, worst case I end up with built bottom end sooner than planned I figure. And hoping to get back over on the dyno this week, gonna mount the power vision and keep an eye on things, maybe some logs too in the mean time
Don't be too worried about the crank. At 120-130 tq you'll more than likely be fine. The issue is abuse that involves heavy shock load on the shaft from idle or low rpm to high rpm, if you start to rip on it from 3k minimum chances of an issue are minimal. I've been doing it on my 124tq dyna for years, beat on it every ride. Even Jamie at fuel moto who builds hundreds of 125-128 tq builds with stock bottom ends has never had an issue with customers if riding the way described, that's coming from the horses mouth.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:56 PM
Tripleshot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get some miles on your build and tell me how it performs on low pull with a full load. I ride two up and have to do some 10 ,15 mph uphill turns in mountain twisties and want torque in low speed to pull in 3rd or 4th gear. Not sure if I can get there, it beats a downshift to 1st or second. My Andrews 48h cam did it well on my old 2010 ultra classic with 96 cube motor.

Old 10-13-2015, 04:17 PM
dmarriner60
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tripleshot
Get some miles on your build and tell me how it performs on low pull with a full load. I ride two up and have to do some 10 ,15 mph uphill turns in mountain twisties and want torque in low speed to pull in 3rd or 4th gear. Not sure if I can get there, it beats a downshift to 1st or second. My Andrews 48h cam did it well on my old 2010 ultra classic with 96 cube motor.
I am not sure about 10-15mph in 4th with any sort of build but I can say from the last couple hundred I have put on that this thing will climb any uphill you through at it down to 1800-2200 rpm for sure. It seems to me that the pull there is similar to 2250-2750 stock with intake exhaust and tune. Then of course once at 2500 rpm it's like a bomb goes off and there you go like a rocket what I can do is check out some of what you are looking for as Thursday I have a boys trip into the white Mountains on NH. I will try and get some vids for everyone too. I dropped it off with me guy this morning so he could get the mid, roll on, and try some timing changes. I hope to here great things tomorrow when I pick it up

Quick Reply: 2016 new Bolt on 110 kit