Engine Mechanical Topics Discussion for motor builds, cams, head work, stripped bolts and other engine related issues. The good and the bad. If it goes round and around or up and down, post it here.

My Hillside Motorcycle & Machine experience

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 10:47 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyGTP
Well, picked up the bike last Wednesday. As always, Scott is the man, even sent me packing with a little present! Thanks Scott. Bike sounds great, can't WAIT to get it tuned.

I'll update this post with dyno tuning results in the coming days.
All of the other aside, happy to have helped you achieve your goals.
Scott

Sales/Support 315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com
Walk-in Retail Showroom
Complete H-D Machine Shop
Case & cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
High-Performance Engine Kits
Crank Rebuilding
Direct Link & PowerVision Tuning
Goodson HD Tooling Manufacturer
Maxton Mile World Record
4500 sq ft. facility

OVER 35 YEARS OF H-D ENGINE BUILDING.
See us on Facebook.
Old 11-01-2016, 08:44 PM
HarleyGTP
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts

Scott, you sick SOB, you've turned my lil ol' Road King into a MONSTER!

Hit the dyno today, John over at Dyno Solutions in CT spent about 2 hours on the dyno putting together a custom map. We decided to not put the tune 100% until I get some miles on the new build and the spring hits. I'll head back to John in may or june and he'll make some tweeks to push a little more out of the build.

Here are the results: the pictures speak for themselves, sick torque numbers, amazing.

Top two lines are today's work, bottom two lines were previous build (26 cams, intake, exhaust)

Old 11-01-2016, 08:55 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,816 Likes on 3,318 Posts

Very nice HarleyGTP, Enjoy... I know you will....

Old 11-02-2016, 06:30 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyGTP
Scott, you sick SOB, you've turned my lil ol' Road King into a MONSTER!

Hit the dyno today, John over at Dyno Solutions in CT spent about 2 hours on the dyno putting together a custom map. We decided to not put the tune 100% until I get some miles on the new build and the spring hits. I'll head back to John in may or june and he'll make some tweeks to push a little more out of the build.

Here are the results: the pictures speak for themselves, sick torque numbers, amazing.

Top two lines are today's work, bottom two lines were previous build (26 cams, intake, exhaust)

Hi Jason,
Right in line with what we see here, with an intial tune up.
You'll see a tick more once he grooms it off.
Scott

Old 01-07-2017, 08:05 PM
topdog45
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys I'm looking for opinion in regards to a situation ,I was in. I had a new build done 124 by this shoptop to bottom. in a ultra classic, it was dyno ed by thebuilder, good numbers all around. Well it is now time for me to start my cross country touring that I do every year. , gas and go ,I'm taking easy ,no rushing .I meet some friends along the way.about 1000miles in to the trip,the motor starts blowing oil out the aircleaner. so we stop and put the bike on the trailer,and that's where it stayed until I got it back to the shop that built it a few weeks went by when they determined that the pistons they installed were the wrong ones.and I was told it wasn't there fault, but they try and squeeze me in.also that there was no warranty on race parts.,my bike was there from July to early December before it was finished, now I have had motors done by Harley and other engine builders. was I wrong to think that my motor should have lasted longer than a month from a new build, also is a 124 with 10.8 to 11.0 compression considered a race motor in a Touring bike. I don't drag race or do hole shots with my bike . like I said earlier I travel all over country,,thanks for your time. I will be more than happy to answer questions. .Td

Old 01-07-2017, 10:56 PM
Tedwilliams09
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by wscott
Watching!

I also live in NYS & may want/need to upgrade someday because i often ride 2 up needing a bit more UMPH/trq @ times just like your looking for.

Good Luck.

Scott
Ya know if you ever want to try out a Scott built bike.... I would be more then willing to give a test ride on what he can do...

Old 01-08-2017, 08:33 AM
scj
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by topdog45
Hey guys I'm looking for opinion in regards to a situation ,I was in. I had a new build done 124 by this shoptop to bottom. in a ultra classic, it was dyno ed by thebuilder, good numbers all around. Well it is now time for me to start my cross country touring that I do every year. , gas and go ,I'm taking easy ,no rushing .I meet some friends along the way.about 1000miles in to the trip,the motor starts blowing oil out the aircleaner. so we stop and put the bike on the trailer,and that's where it stayed until I got it back to the shop that built it a few weeks went by when they determined that the pistons they installed were the wrong ones.and I was told it wasn't there fault, but they try and squeeze me in.also that there was no warranty on race parts.,my bike was there from July to early December before it was finished, now I have had motors done by Harley and other engine builders. was I wrong to think that my motor should have lasted longer than a month from a new build, also is a 124 with 10.8 to 11.0 compression considered a race motor in a Touring bike. I don't drag race or do hole shots with my bike . like I said earlier I travel all over country,,thanks for your time. I will be more than happy to answer questions. .Td
It's their fault, period! No reputable builder installs the wrong pistons if they're even remotely qualified to call themselves a performance shop.

The following users liked this post:
Rocco Basi (04-30-2019)
Old 01-09-2017, 09:14 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,816 Likes on 3,318 Posts

Wow tough break on the motor, where did you originally get it. built?

Old 01-09-2017, 09:28 AM
prodrag1320
Banned
Received 622 Likes on 398 Posts

how they can say its not their fault is beond me,sure its their fault.how did they get the wrong pistons? if it was a kit from S&S,it wouldn't have wrong pistons.if they use other than S&S pistons,then they ordered the wrong pistons.even in the case that S&S would have included the wrong pistons in the kit (we do a lot of S&S 124" builds,never got wrong parts),it should have been obvious to them they were wrong on install (deck height would have been way off),but still would have had a prob right from the start or not at all,besides having very low compression from having the pistons very deep in the holes.like I said,it would be obvious.defanatly their mistake

Old 01-10-2017, 06:56 AM
prodrag1320
Banned
Received 622 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by prodrag1320
how they can say its not their fault is beond me,sure its their fault.how did they get the wrong pistons? if it was a kit from S&S,it wouldn't have wrong pistons.if they use other than S&S pistons,then they ordered the wrong pistons.even in the case that S&S would have included the wrong pistons in the kit (we do a lot of S&S 124" builds,never got wrong parts),it should have been obvious to them they were wrong on install (deck height would have been way off),but still would have had a prob right from the start or not at all,besides having very low compression from having the pistons very deep in the holes.like I said,it would be obvious.defanatly their mistake

just went thru this guys post,didnt see the first time I read it that he says hillside did the motor.like us,im sure scotts done more 124" builds than can be counted and im pretty skeptical on them using wrong pistons,cant see it happening

Quick Reply: My Hillside Motorcycle & Machine experience