EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Which 2 into 2 for my FXR?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2014, 07:41 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Ironclassic
I've got the thunderheader 2 into 1 on my bike and have no issues of scraping the ground, and I have it lowered. They sound pretty awsome I think you guys well like em.
Originally Posted by grbrown
I don't have an FXR, but am delighted with my SuperTrapp, below. No visible or actual cornering clearance problems and excellent torque, plus a very smooth running motor.
Originally Posted by Artlee
Rich, I was scrapping the TH pipes on my FXR4, often. I changed my HD stock fork springs to Works springs and have had no issues since then. I have 12.5" Progressive shocks out back. But, the fork springs ( and new oil ) seems to have stopped the scrapping, right and left side.
http://www.worksperformance.com/html/street.html

Good to know, thanks guys. I can adjust my rear shocks on the fly to 14.25" fully extended. And I was already planning to change my fork springs. So I should be fine, very cool. I was considering Progressive fork springs, but I'll have a look to see what Works has to offer.

Thanks again

Old 10-19-2014, 10:31 AM
Throttle_Jockey
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rich I never had a problem scraping in the area you mentioned, but it did scrape pretty hard in the rear of the pipe. Now I know not just anyone is going to cut up a brand new pipe, but I Did lol. I cut and up swept it a couple inches and haven't had a problem since.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:33 AM
Throttle_Jockey
Road Captain

Originally Posted by PanHeadRich
Good to know, thanks guys. I can adjust my rear shocks on the fly to 14.25" fully extended. And I was already planning to change my fork springs. So I should be fine, very cool. I was considering Progressive fork springs, but I'll have a look to see what Works has to offer.

Thanks again
Rich another great option for your front end would be Race Tech springs and gold valve emulators.

Old 10-19-2014, 08:28 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by trampsinger
Of course I mean 2 into 1 but I can't seem to edit the title. I've had my heart set on a thunderheader but now i'm opening my mind to other options. What have you guys had and loved and how do they compare?
Thanks
Hey tramp, here's another 2 into 1 option: http://store.bigbearchoppers.com/big...exhaust-pipes/

Originally Posted by Throttle_Jockey
Rich I never had a problem scraping in the area you mentioned, but it did scrape pretty hard in the rear of the pipe. Now I know not just anyone is going to cut up a brand new pipe, but I Did lol. I cut and up swept it a couple inches and haven't had a problem since.
Yeah, that's ballsy alright. You did a great job on them ... as well as the whole bike. That fugger looks awesome! It looks like you're running fairly long shocks, yet your wheel to fender looks like you're riding lower than stock. Are you using lowering blocks? When I extend my shocks to 14.25", you can see light between the tire & fender.

Rich another great option for your front end would be Race Tech springs and gold valve emulators.
Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look at those right now.

Old 10-20-2014, 08:16 AM
Throttle_Jockey
Road Captain

My shocks are set a 14". I'm running a late 90's FL swing arm so the lower shock mount is 1.5" further back then the OE FXR arm. The works shocks in that pic are in route for a rebuild at works now. Black springs and setting them up for my weight and so on.

Old 10-20-2014, 09:24 AM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

My shocks are set a 14". I'm running a late 90's FL swing arm so the lower shock mount is 1.5" further back then the OE FXR arm. The works shocks in that pic are in route for a rebuild at works now. Black springs and setting them up for my weight and so on.

Are you ever gonna get that bike done??????????

Old 10-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Throttle_Jockey
Road Captain

I've got some usable shocks for now Tex. I did get a large chunk of the wiring done this weekend along with all the ***** I have going on.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:25 PM
zimm
Road Captain
Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Thunderheader! Get the heatshields too. I waited, but had to buy them after the first ride.

Also racetech fork springs and gold valves make a huge difference. If I redid it, I might go progessive wound to get a little more give- the straight rate 1.1 springs give a seriously sporty (stiff) ride.

Old 10-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 816 Likes on 581 Posts

Up to about 113", a Supertrapp with the tuneable disc system will over-power most other systems, as alnost 20 years of dyno tuning has historically shown us.
The willingness of the dyno tuner is key, as unless you find the "sweet spot" for the number of disc's the true worth of those is for naught.
Scott

Sales/Support 315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com
Walk-in Retail Showroom
Complete H-D Machine Shop
Case & cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
High-Performance Engine Kits
Crank Rebuilding
Direct Link & PowerVision Tuning
Goodson HD Tooling Manufacturer
Maxton Mile World Record
4500 sq ft. facility

OVER 35 YEARS OF H-D ENGINE BUILDING.
See us on Facebook.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:00 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Scott, interesting to see that about the Supertrapp, so thanks for making me feel smug about mine (below).

As for Emulators I would pass on them. I have them in my Sporty and can't see any benefit from adding them, so have bought a set of Intiminators for my Glide, which get good reviews over in Touring.

Quick Reply: Which 2 into 2 for my FXR?