EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Gonna try a Kenda Kruz rear tire

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 04:27 PM
bluharley
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
I gotta ask which you consider more pricey good tires or the hospital/repair bill that comes from cheap tires.
Like I said, I don't believe I have to spend a lot to get a good tire. Spending $200 on a tire doesn't mean I'll get any more mileage out of them, or a better tread pattern. I'll let you know how the Shinko does, if I still have the bike when it's due to be changed. The people that have them say good things about them, the people that don't have them have nothing good to say about them. How does that work? Boy, I knew I was going to get **** on this thread, it never fails.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Of course you may buy any tire you want, but a lot of us are trying to tell you that skimping on tires is not a very good idea. Sure, you can read online that cheapos are OK, but you ride a heavy bike. You only have two tires, isn't an extra $50-$60 bucks worth the peace of mind?

(Off the soapbox)

Old 12-01-2014, 04:28 PM
Kees
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have always found it weird that people have no problem paying big $$$ for shiny bits for their bikes but they will consider cheap Chinese tyres for their pride and joy, it just doesn't make sense.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:30 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by bluharley
Like I said, I don't believe I have to spend a lot to get a good tire. Spending $200 on a tire doesn't mean I'll get any more mileage out of them, or a better tread pattern. I'll let you know how the Shinko does, if I still have the bike when it's due to be changed. The people that have them say good things about them, the people that don't have them have nothing good to say about them. How does that work? Boy, I knew I was going to get **** on this thread, it never fails.

I hope they work well for you.
Good luck.

Old 12-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Kees
Road Master

The people that have them say good things about them

They're only trying to justify being a tightwad....

Old 12-01-2014, 04:36 PM
bluharley
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kees
They're only trying to justify being a tightwad....

HEY! I'm a tight wad, what's wrong with being a tight wad? I like being a tight wad, it saves me money!

Old 12-01-2014, 04:42 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,817 Likes on 3,319 Posts
Default Tight wad

I'll tell ya what's wrong with a tire tight wad, at 130 plus mph you'll fall off and have no wad to give. I'll always use METZLER.............period..........:i con_smash:

Old 12-01-2014, 04:44 PM
JONAS1969
Cruiser
Received 162 Likes on 69 Posts

I have been running a set of Shinko 777's on a hot rod shovelhead since last summer. They are nice and sticky but I don't expect them to last more than about 3k miles which is ok since it's not one of my "over the road" bikes.
I got sick of dealing with "made in Brazil" Metzelers after I had one come apart on me. I may look into the Shinko 230 for a rear tire due to its higher load and speed ratings. I know of a few Shinko 230's on dressers that the owners are pretty happy with but they seem to wear out just as fast if not faster than other brands.
Good luck.

--------------------

Old 12-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Kees
Road Master

HEY! I'm a tight wad, what's wrong with being a tight wad? I like being a tight wad, it saves me money!
we all like to save money...but sometimes you can't skimp on things like tyres...just think the next time you go around a corner in the wet on those Shinkos you'll be thinking.....will it let go or not? Not a nice feeling, takes the joy away from riding don't ya think ?

Old 12-01-2014, 04:52 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Being a tight wad is fine in general.
On some things being a tight wad isn't the smartest thing you can be.

To me going cheap on something that if it fails is gonna get me hurt ain't real smart.

Quick Reply: Gonna try a Kenda Kruz rear tire