EVO All Evo Model Discussion

leds didn't do it...........

Old 12-09-2014, 08:19 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

I read, either on here, or more likely on the Superbright LED website to buy bulbs the same color as the lens and it would be brighter. Truth is I bought those bulbs and a new lens at the same time, I installed the new lens and was so happy with it I never bothered installing the bulbs.

Maybe you should try a new lens? Mine was clean but opaque from the sun I guess, the new lens helped a lot.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:54 AM
traildog
Extreme HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe_G
I read, either on here, or more likely on the Superbright LED website to buy bulbs the same color as the lens and it would be brighter. Truth is I bought those bulbs and a new lens at the same time, I installed the new lens and was so happy with it I never bothered installing the bulbs.

Maybe you should try a new lens? Mine was clean but opaque from the sun I guess, the new lens helped a lot.

Hmmm, It's clean, but, it does look kind of faded? from underneath......

Old 12-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by traildog
Hmmm, It's clean, but, it does look kind of faded? from underneath......
Yea the sun makes the plastic opaque. That's how mine was.

Get a new one and I think you will be happy. I posted up the part number on an old thread but you can easily find it on Ronnies parts finder.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:40 AM
92Fatty
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm guessing this is for oil, neutral etc? The regulars work fine for me. But I guess everyone is different.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:57 AM
Dr.Hess
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,682 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Yeah, you want LED's the same color as the lens/cover. White light is filtered through the cover and only that color is passed through. That is, if you have a red lens cover and a white light source, everything except red is blocked by that cover and all you are seeing is the red component of the source light. How much red there is in a white LED is how much you will see through the cover. So, using a red LED will give you more light through as the total power output is in red.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:59 AM
traildog
Extreme HDF Member

Yea the sun makes the plastic opaque. That's how mine was.

Get a new one and I think you will be happy. I posted up the part number on an old thread but you can easily find it on Ronnies parts finder.
I'm ordering one today!

I'll hold onto the leds until I change the lense.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:29 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by 92Fatty
I'm guessing this is for oil, neutral etc? The regulars work fine for me. But I guess everyone is different.
If you've got the stock mechanical speedo dash, you have big lights (like 194's I think, 4x the little bulbs the electronic speedo bikes have), and much bigger lenses - each of your lenses is about 3 of ours.

I always wanted my oil light to be brighter - it's out of the line of sight, and also the turn signals as I don' want to look like a tool in case my canceler doesn't work.

I installed a new cat eye dash on my Springer, and the side benefit is the new dash has LED's in it, they are super bright, they catch my eye in my peripheral vision.

Old 12-10-2014, 01:35 PM
92Fatty
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If you've got the stock mechanical speedo dash, you have big lights (like 194's I think, 4x the little bulbs the electronic speedo bikes have), and much bigger lenses - each of your lenses is about 3 of ours.

I always wanted my oil light to be brighter - it's out of the line of sight, and also the turn signals as I don' want to look like a tool in case my canceler doesn't work.

I installed a new cat eye dash on my Springer, and the side benefit is the new dash has LED's in it, they are super bright, they catch my eye in my peripheral vision.
Makes perfect sense. I can picture the diff between the elec and mech versions.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:43 PM
traildog
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by 92Fatty

Yep. I just can't see them well enough in the daytime, like the turn signals.

Old 12-11-2014, 05:34 PM
Dan89FLSTC
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 8,474 Likes on 4,601 Posts

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
This may be a stupid question but did you clean the inside of the lenses of your dash?
You just asked TD if he cleaned something........

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: leds didn't do it...........