EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Dyna rubber mount replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 06:42 PM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by kp877
Ya you'll see marks from it hitting if it's shot. The mounts is one thing I researched excessively and the only repair I regret. The rear that is.
Yeah... if it's not shot for now I'll leave it. I'm building up my Dyna to be the ultimate scrambler/adventure bike for adventure touring, so the rear wheel is coming off again after this in another year anyways. Might as well wait if I can stretch it out.

Think triumph scrambler, but with MX bars, t-sport fairing, adventure tires, mags, aluminum side and top panniers, skid plate etc, chain etc... etc... etc... with the appropriate motor work.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:46 PM
br549A1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I think you should just get a dual sport and call it a day! Not my thing, I did dirt from the age of 5-18, I like nice smooth roads now.

Old 01-20-2015, 06:49 PM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member

I think you should just get a dual sport and call it a day! Not my thing, I did dirt from the age of 5-18, I like nice smooth roads now.
I raced motocross for the better part of my life... still can't get enough of the dirt apparently. I would go plop down 18k on a BMW R1200gsA but that's not any fun. I'm not wanting to go down single track, busting brush kind of riding with it... just make it a comfortable jeep track, fire road runner at 50mph or so. There is a thread on Adventure Rider called "Go Sportsters" which is where I got my inspiration from. Check this out.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:01 PM
br549A1
Outstanding HDF Member

I get it, it's fun but I'd want a honda. I never liked motocross I was a harescrambler not sure if they have those down there. It's woods riding. We blasted through mud rocks trees anything. Started on a PW50 last bike I had before I switched to street was a CR250, did a year on an XT350 on and off road then went for full street. You'd love the XT. It's built for the riding you want to do

Old 01-20-2015, 07:03 PM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member

I get it, it's fun but I'd want a honda. I never liked motocross I was a harescrambler not sure if they have those down there. It's woods riding. We blasted through mud rocks trees anything. Started on a PW50 last bike I had before I switched to street was a CR250, did a year on an XT350 on and off road then went for full street. You'd love the XT. It's built for the riding you want to do
Oh we got hair scramblers down here, you tree dodging bastards.

I would buy a dual sport but I really don't want two bikes in the stable, and I like having something unique that nobody else has. Of course, there are a lot of adventure hawgs out there made out sporties, FXR's, and Dynas but you get what I'm saying... not a lot of them out there.

A dualsport probably wouldn't do what I would want though... an adventure bike like a Beemer R1200gsA, F650gs, Yamaha Super Tenere, or similar is what I would need, but again, I can make my harley do the same thing and it'd be cooler.

Old 01-20-2015, 07:09 PM
br549A1
Outstanding HDF Member

Are you putting knobbys and hand guards on?

Old 01-20-2015, 07:10 PM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member

Are you putting knobbys and hand guards on?
Just adventure tires, like Metzler tourances. Handguards will be going on. Won't be going anywhere that will require an 80/20 or true DOT knobby. Still has to have decent highway manners ya know?

Old 01-20-2015, 09:19 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Not to be Captain Obvious, but don't do front and rear mounts at the same time. You will have to do alignment from scratch.

Old 01-21-2015, 04:46 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts

I can identify with the challenge of removing those mounting bolts, although I haven't actually replaced the rubber mounts themselves. To throw a curved ball (as I believe you chaps call it!) consider installing a True-Track kit while you are in there. You will be amazed just how much better your bike will ride and steer. Ain't cheap, but a truly remarkable Dyna upgrade!

Old 01-21-2015, 06:52 AM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Beemervet
Not to be Captain Obvious, but don't do front and rear mounts at the same time. You will have to do alignment from scratch.
Ten-fo

Originally Posted by grbrown
I can identify with the challenge of removing those mounting bolts, although I haven't actually replaced the rubber mounts themselves. To throw a curved ball (as I believe you chaps call it!) consider installing a True-Track kit while you are in there. You will be amazed just how much better your bike will ride and steer. Ain't cheap, but a truly remarkable Dyna upgrade!
Oh, a true-track is coming... just not now. Can't wait to see what my vision will actually look like in person. Never seen one like what I have in my mind.

Quick Reply: Dyna rubber mount replacement.