EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Old School 'Two Tone' Motor

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 09:37 AM
falconbrother
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I think the black cylinders and silver heads looks great. I had a buddy that painted his cylinders and heads black on a sportster and it was a bad look. Looked like a shade tree, rattle-can job, which it was.

Old 05-28-2015, 09:58 AM
flhchaz
Club Member
Received 1,285 Likes on 499 Posts

The silver engine paint that I have used in the past, seems to come off to the touch even after dried. what kind of engine paint do you guys use?

Old 05-28-2015, 10:14 AM
falconbrother
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I had to look up "RUB" in the urban dictionary.. I think I peed a little. Let me tell you a story. This year at Myrtle Beach bike week we camped at lakewood. I have a raggy assed old 1990 motorhome that takes ten hours of work before each trip. It's fugly according to my DW. Anyway, we're there with my old 1988 FLHTC chilling in the campground when this parade of beautiful RV's rolls in. They all lined up across from us. There was a brand new diesel pusher with super slides pulling a huge, brand new enclosed car hauler containing a single brand new CVO Ultra. Then there were three, brand new fifth wheel toy haulers being pulled by three brand new F-350 Ford Duallies, each containing a single, brand new CVO ultra. All of them paid for two spots each, longways, because they were too long for a single spot. I figured that they collectively spent a cool three million to come to bike week. They all looked like Wall Street folk. The guy with the motorhome was freaking out about some tree limbs that normally wouldn't be an issue. His wife/significant other was freaking out to me about it. I just said: "Cost of doing business man." Anyway, I didn't know this was technically a RUB till this very day. Been riding 35 years with my head under a rock I guess.

Last edited by falconbrother; 05-28-2015 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:56 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Great patch seen at Daytona a few years back- "I rode my bike to trailer week".

Old 05-28-2015, 02:59 PM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 434 Likes on 246 Posts

Here's mine.
First one Evo.
Second one Shovel.

Attached Thumbnails Old School 'Two Tone' Motor-fxwg2.jpg   Old School 'Two Tone' Motor-gray2.jpg  
Old 05-28-2015, 03:02 PM
Kees
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by pjb
Here's mine.
First one Evo.
Second one Shovel.
Love that shovel...

Old 05-28-2015, 03:08 PM
Kees
Road Master

Originally Posted by EvoSpringer
My 84 FXSB Shovel was two toned and when the Blackline came out a guy came out of the gas station and asked me if I copied my two tone motor look from the Blackline??? WTF! Damn RUB's
Hey..I imported a Black 1984 FXSB Shovel from Minnesotta in 1989...awesome bike had belt primary and final from factory....

Old 05-28-2015, 03:13 PM
pjb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 434 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by Kees
Love that shovel...
thanks.
I keep telling my buddies that I'm going to sell it, since I'm about done working on it now. They don't believe me, but I might.
I owned the bike in the 90's but gave it to my ex in our divorce settlement in 1999. I told her I would get it back one day, she told me "no way in hell".
I got it back from her about 11 months ago, after she kept it for 15 years.
What would it cost to ship to NZ?

Old 05-28-2015, 04:09 PM
Kees
Road Master

Originally Posted by pjb
thanks.
I keep telling my buddies that I'm going to sell it, since I'm about done working on it now. They don't believe me, but I might.
I owned the bike in the 90's but gave it to my ex in our divorce settlement in 1999. I told her I would get it back one day, she told me "no way in hell".
What would it cost to ship to NZ?
About $1500 USD depending which city it has to come from but then you have to add compliance costs here in NZ...what money you looking at ?

Old 05-28-2015, 08:07 PM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by pjb
If it had been my ex, I'd of gotten it back like this:

Quick Reply: Old School 'Two Tone' Motor