EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Batwing Lower Shields - Where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 02:41 PM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Batwing Lower Shields - Where to buy?

1991 FLHTC Electra Glide Classic
I have looked all over and can't seem to find any replacement wind deflectors that are mounted on my fairing sides. The ones I have are translucent and are worse for wear and I would like to get some that are a dark tint. There are some on the Memphis Shades site that say they fit all Batwings, I did order some but they look like they would only fit the batwings that do not have an inner fairing. And the shape is nothing like the ones I have. All others I have found are for 1996 and newer only. While they are very similar, they still have a different shape. Neither line up with my mounting screw holes.

I have thought about painting them if I cannot find what I want. But if that looks like crap they will be toast. Don't really want to take the chance. Unless someone here has any ideas on painting plastic with good results. Suppose I could have them professionally painted, but that seems overkill. Thoughts?

Attached Thumbnails Batwing Lower Shields - Where to buy?-wp_20150124_18_08_59_pro.jpg  
Old 02-18-2015, 02:44 PM
RLH3175
Stellar HDF Member

Received 2,408 Likes on 903 Posts

Ronnies http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson.com/

They show them, but do not show a price for them, so they may not be available

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....ADDY-W/-GAUGES

Last edited by RLH3175; 02-18-2015 at 02:48 PM.
Old 02-18-2015, 03:18 PM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RLH3175
Ronnies http://www.shopronniesharleydavidson.com/

They show them, but do not show a price for them, so they may not be available

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....ADDY-W/-GAUGES

Yeah I saw those (Thanks!) and have worked with sales at Ronnies many times. I know for a fact that if there is no price or P/N available they would be obsolete. I did have some luck today and found some available through Clarks Custom Windshields.

http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/index.html

Found out about them on this site somewhere when just surfing around. I had to reach out to them though through email and inquire about them. The site only has them for '96 and up fairings. But they do make em and have shown me a template. Saying that the hole pattern would be exactly the same and they should mount right on. $32 a set +shipping (cheap), I haven't ordered them yet, but I will when I hear back from them on how to complete the purchase. They also said they can give me the dark tint that I want. So this is good, and I will of course update this thread when I do finally get them.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:25 PM
RLH3175
Stellar HDF Member

Received 2,408 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by DeputyLoud
Yeah I saw those (Thanks!) and have worked with sales at Ronnies many times. I know for a fact that if there is no price or P/N available they would be obsolete. I did have some luck today and found some available through Clarks Custom Windshields.

http://www.customflhtwindshields.net/index.html

Found out about them on this site somewhere when just surfing around. I had to reach out to them though through email and inquire about them. The site only has them for '96 and up fairings. But they do make em and have shown me a template. Saying that the hole pattern would be exactly the same and they should mount right on. $32 a set +shipping (cheap), I haven't ordered them yet, but I will when I hear back from them on how to complete the purchase. They also said they can give me the dark tint that I want. So this is good, and I will of course update this thread when I do finally get them.
Thanks, I looked for them for my 96 last year from Harley, did not find them.

Old 02-18-2015, 03:50 PM
gtownplowboy
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Try long ride shields. They have some called hawg wings. Good product, excellent customer service and if you watch they run 50-60% off sales. Windshields are awesome too

Old 02-19-2015, 07:22 AM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain
Thumbs up

I ordered a flared windshield couple months ago from LRS at 50% off for $50. Love that!

Clarks Custom had a template for the lower fairing deflectors for my model and they said the holes should line up with the oem ones I have on there now. $32 shipped. You just have to email them for info since they aren't on the site. Pretty stoked, they are going to make it with the darkest tint they offer. So it all worked out in the end, persistence pays off.

Old 02-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Gunslingertom
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by gtownplowboy
try long ride shields. They have some called hawg wings. Good product, excellent customer service and if you watch they run 50-60% off sales. Windshields are awesome too
ditto!!!!

Old 02-19-2015, 08:20 PM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Gunslingertom
ditto!!!!
Those are only for 1996-2013 like all the rest.

Old 02-19-2015, 08:26 PM
Gunslingertom
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DeputyLoud
Those are only for 1996-2013 like all the rest.
They must have discontinued them, because I bought mine from them.

Old 02-25-2015, 10:11 AM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain

Got the lower deflectors for fairing. While they are the right shape and tint looks good, the pre-drilled holes are too large for the oem screw that are currently in my fairing on the oem deflectors. The heads of the original screws fall right through the new deflectors holes. So I have to get creative and get some nice washers and flat head SHCS's to get them to work with the rubber bushings that have the threaded inserts in them currently. I am sure if I removed the oem rubber threaded insert bushings from inner fairing the holes would probably be about the same size and I could simply use a bigger bolt with a nut inside fairing. But I opted to try and keep those bushings, and ordered some stainless steel cupped washers and flat head shcs's. Hopefully looks nice and professional when complete. I will post pics when I get them on.