2manyhobbies75
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 nice looking ride!

Old 03-16-2015, 11:25 PM
stevequad
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took it in to my indie. I will post results when I get something.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:36 PM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I'm not lugging it.
35mph in 5th gear
Choose one. It can't be both. Jesus christ at the **** I read on here... do any of you actually know how to ride a motorcycle or is it only a few of us?

If you're hitting the throttle at 35mph in 5th gear you're lugging it, and that's just the way it is. You're creating gigantic ****ing explosions in the cylinders and it's putting crazy amounts of undue stress on the pistons, the rods, the rod bearings, and everything else including your transmission. You should be in 2nd or 3rd gear at 35mph. End of story, no exceptions, no debate. It is no surprise to me that you're having problems... whatever they may be.

Old 03-17-2015, 12:24 AM
stevequad
Cruiser
Default Kissama azz

Did you read the part where I was at freeway speeds(70) and was slowing down off the throttle. Don't bother replying. Seems like you have more issues than I do.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:29 AM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by stevequad
Did you read the part where I was at freeway speeds(70) and was slowing down off the throttle. Don't bother replying. Seems like you have more issues than I do.
If you're slowing down, then why are you not downshifting to keep your transmission and engine speeds close, so you're not lugging the engine? Whether you like it or not, when you do that you're lugging your engine, again, creating big explosions in the cylinders which puts undue stress on everything from your trans gears, main shaft and pulley, pistons, rods, rod bearings, crank, crank bearings, your gears, and right down to your oil pump. They all have to turn the engine with this crazy amount of weight and force put on them which causes premature wear or catastrophic failure. I'm not surprised you're having problems, and I'm not surprised you feel like you're not doing anything wrong, but whatever dude. It's your money, and if you have enough money to keep destroying your bike because you don't know how to ride then that is your problem.

If you're at 35mph in 5th gear and you hit the throttle, you're lugging it. End of story, no debate. I'd hate to see what the inside of your cylinders look like.

Old 03-17-2015, 07:56 AM
johnjzjz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,536 Likes on 2,872 Posts

that issue we have seen more than once and its for me on my end in a shop (*((*&** )

the last two one had a hair line crack inside the cylinder spicket along the lifter block oil drilled cavity that was a thing to find

the other we never found but replaced the block and that fixed it

I hope your pressure switch is junk and not an block issue but this is what we found with two like that

we also have a few with bad switches - cheap first try at a fix

Old 03-17-2015, 08:35 AM
stevequad
Cruiser

Thanks John. I have both...a manual gauge, and a pressure switch. Both seem to be about the same. I had been riding to the shop, and was at 65mph, manual gauge was at 0, but light was not on, so I figured I had about 2 or 3 lbs. Oil temp was at 172c. It was a pretty warm day. Hope its not the block. It is a Sputhe block, and I would hate to go there.

Old 03-17-2015, 08:40 AM
stevequad
Cruiser
Default Hey FatHead

Originally Posted by tmanbuckhunter
If you're slowing down, then why are you not downshifting to keep your transmission and engine speeds close, so you're not lugging the engine? Whether you like it or not, when you do that you're lugging your engine, again, creating big explosions in the cylinders which puts undue stress on everything from your trans gears, main shaft and pulley, pistons, rods, rod bearings, crank, crank bearings, your gears, and right down to your oil pump. They all have to turn the engine with this crazy amount of weight and force put on them which causes premature wear or catastrophic failure. I'm not surprised you're having problems, and I'm not surprised you feel like you're not doing anything wrong, but whatever dude. It's your money, and if you have enough money to keep destroying your bike because you don't know how to ride then that is your problem.

If you're at 35mph in 5th gear and you hit the throttle, you're lugging it. End of story, no debate. I'd hate to see what the inside of your cylinders look like.
I am not lugging it. Period. I never said I hit the throttle in 5th at 35. NOT Lugging it. That is about when I started to down shift. Now STFU.

Old 03-17-2015, 09:39 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,538 Likes on 3,790 Posts

Is a Sputhe block motor different then a S&S motor? Saw one with S&S cylinders and that name on it on a custom built by an outfit in VA,Beach. Does in just bolt in to the transmission and standard mounts on a Harley?

Quick Reply: No oil pressure when hot...