EVO All Evo Model Discussion

1991 FLHTC - Tour Pak Speaker Pods (Dragonfly)

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 08:00 AM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 1991 FLHTC - Tour Pak Speaker Pods (Dragonfly)

Has anybody fit these (Dragonfly Tour Pak Speaker Pods) onto their King Tour Pak on an older FLHTC? Seems to me like they would fit with my passenger grab rails. I had ordered some from ebay that had to be returned for this reason. I can get a stock set of used ones from ebay as well. But they would need to be refinished and in the end would cost more than this set. Looking for some feedback on this vendor.

http://www.dragonflycycleconcepts.com/speaker_pods.htm

Old 04-22-2015, 08:22 AM
falconbrother
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 04-22-2015, 08:45 AM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain

Originally Posted by falconbrother
I can't speak for the quality of these but:

Amazon.com: Mutazu 283900045 Harley Tour Pak Speaker Pods: Automotive

Just for conversation's sake.
Anything for the 98-13 models just don't fit right with my older King Tour Pak and passenger grab rails. I ran into that issue already and had to return some. The DRagonfly's say they work with everything from '85 on up. I have reached out to them for more info. We shall see what they say. Thanks tho!

Old 04-22-2015, 09:08 AM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain

In hind sight I probably should have put this thread in the Audio forum. Mods feel free to move it, if so desired.

Old 05-16-2016, 07:43 AM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain

Update:

I finally had the funds to order these pods from Dragonfly. Contacted them ahead of time to verify return policy if they don't work out with my '91 tourpak and passenger grab bars. Their design looks like they will work. I did find a set of NOS speaker pods for my ride, but in the end I would wind up with 5.25" speakers in the rear. And for $600 that's just ludicrous. I plan on putting in some Infinity marine 6.5" speakers pushed by a Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amp.

https://www.dragonflycycleconcepts.c...hp?product=215

Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 Punch BRT 300-Watt Ultra Compact 4-Channel Amplifier: Car Electronics Amazon.com: Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 Punch BRT 300-Watt Ultra Compact 4-Channel Amplifier: Car Electronics

I will update after install. Hard to find any info on these model years that didn't come with rear speaker pods, or any decent aftermarket pods that work.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:19 AM
DeputyLoud
Road Captain

Got the Dragonfly Pods and I am super stoked. They are going to fit nicely, even with the wifes cup holder on the grab rail, LOL. So I have everything in hand to move forward with the upgrade. Only thing that will be challenging is the pods are not pre-drilled with mounting holes. And obviously my tourpak does not have the holes in place either. So I guess the best plan of action would be to make a template and drill the tourpak 1st then transfer that hole pattern to the pods. Pods did come with the mounting hardware so that's something I guess. Also the pods still have the material stretched over the speaker opening. Going to have to cut that out too. Maybe I overlooked the mounting holes. They could possibly be there under the leather material. I'll find out when I open that up. On another note I checked the fit against my Infinity speakers and they also look like they will fit the pods fine.

So I am hoping it's raining this weekend so I can do the install and not feel guilty about not riding. LOL