EVO All Evo Model Discussion

91 ULTRA REBUILD. Nearly there!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 02:26 PM
BungoBill
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 91 ULTRA REBUILD. Nearly there!

Was it over 2 years ago that I started this.Almost all bits together now just a bit of wiring & some nuts & bolts to be tightened. Motor fired up first time (indoors in my front room ) but I didnt run it for long for obvious reasons.!
Sounded good. One of the last things to be fixed is the tightening up of the new TrueTrack Swinging Arm spindle. As it has been such a long time since I fitted the Spindle I had to search for the new washers & nuts for the threaded ends. I only found 1 nut 2 washers & 2 spacers which corresponds with T.Track Illustration 20-19E . Why only 1 nut? I have contacted True Track who supplied the kit re. this but havent had a reply. Also ....what is the Torque setting for Pivot tightening. Bungo

Old 08-02-2015, 03:22 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Send some pics to us Yankees, please. ��

Old 08-02-2015, 04:13 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Talking

Perhaps you unwittingly found another use for that nut?! I suspect an old one will do, if you still have the parts. It's too long since I installed mine to recall if there were one or two of 'em. We Brits would also like pics!!!!!

Old 08-03-2015, 01:42 PM
BungoBill
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Tee⋁14265042
Send some pics to us Yankees, please. ��
No problem Teev.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:00 PM
BungoBill
Road Captain
Smile

Originally Posted by grbrown
Perhaps you unwittingly found another use for that nut?! I suspect an old one will do, if you still have the parts. It's too long since I installed mine to recall if there were one or two of 'em. We Brits would also like pics!!!!!
Hi Graham,surprisingly it only comes with one nut. I have a couple of old S/A Pivot shafts with nuts attached so no problem. Will send pics soon or as soon as we get some decent sun here in Scotland! Worst summer on record almost.
I know you are having a great summer down South. I keep on looking at the old Ultra without the Tourpak topbox mounted and I and starting to see these extended panniers and fender in my dreams. Is there a cure for this?

Old 08-04-2015, 05:20 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by BungoBill
Hi Graham,surprisingly it only comes with one nut. I have a couple of old S/A Pivot shafts with nuts attached so no problem. Will send pics soon or as soon as we get some decent sun here in Scotland! Worst summer on record almost.
I know you are having a great summer down South. I keep on looking at the old Ultra without the Tourpak topbox mounted and I and starting to see these extended panniers and fender in my dreams. Is there a cure for this?
Weather has been very mixed and often different to the forecast! Only just above freezing here a few mornings ago. As for modifying your bike, there's no known cure, just go with the flow.....