EVO All Evo Model Discussion

I need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2015, 07:36 AM
falconbrother
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have read that the feel of power between a TC88 and an evo 80 is about the same. Given a choice between a slick evo or a TC88 I'd choose the evo. Although, if I found a too good to be true deal on a clean TC88 I'd get that. At this point in my life the question I ask is will this get me a few years with the least amount of aggravation... By aggravation I also mean, I want to deal with the service department at the dealership zero to none. So, I tend to suggest getting an EVO. Doing many major repairs on an EVO is totally possible in your garage.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:56 AM
flhchaz
Club Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 498 Posts

I love my EVO, been riding this one for 70k miles, and has been a great machine, I recently bought a new limited with the 103 and it is a world of difference from my friends 88. I like the new bike, but LOVE the EVO.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:06 AM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,701 Likes on 1,988 Posts

Of course, you realize that asking this bunch if you should buy an Evo, is like asking a bunch of alcoholics if you should have another drink.

Old 08-27-2015, 08:38 AM
Lucky Luke
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why did your indy say that ... what was his justification? Was he born after they stopped making them?

(And who was he? Please out him to the Evo Forum MC ... motto "EFFFEF").

I have to disagree. Me, I just want metal. I don't want a computer on my motorcycle. I want things I can see, understand how they work by looking, and fix by my self. I want to tinker, not pay some punk on minimum wages to download software for me etc.

Like the other say, Evo are fine. Cheaper and easier to fix or upgrade, can perform just as well.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:48 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Luke
Why did your indy say that ... what was his justification? Was he born after they stopped making them?

(And who was he? Please out him to the Evo Forum).
Have you "outed" the guy that reamed you yet?

Old 08-27-2015, 10:28 AM
fatboy slim
Road Master

Originally Posted by Beemervet
Have you "outed" the guy that reamed you yet?
No, like I said, he seems like a nice person, and I'll give him a second chance.
Gonna call by in a few days and ask if he's had chance to look up a service manual yet. I'll see what his attitude is then.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:55 AM
fatboy slim
Road Master

Damn!!! Purple one sold today before I got there.

Old 08-27-2015, 11:09 AM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by fatboy slim
Damn!!! Purple one sold today before I got there.
Don't worry man you can always have the one you buy painted purple..
I can't believe I just said that!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Lucky Luke
Banned

Or find someone else who wants to swop the tins for something more subtle?

Old 08-27-2015, 04:56 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 438 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by back
I can't speak to the TC as I have never owned or even ridden one. Don't want to. To me the essence of a Harley is lost when you start adding complex electronics and such.

I say to you what I say to everybody who says this....ride one before making such statements, I have built and ridden some TC's that are totally badass, my TC is not far from stock and the main difference between it and my 1998 Wide Glide is that it's faster and louder It has not lost any of the unique Harley qualities.

Remember that new TC's are neutered by EPA regs, not H-D and once you do the things to a new TC that you will automatically do to an Evo you have a bike with just as much character with the one exception of that 1,000RPM idle speed (if it's EFI) but then who spends all their time idling? they are just as much fun to ride and in some cases (96inch TC's especially) run like a stroked Evo.

I like this forum because the guys on here are my kinda people but I just can't let this polarised intolerance and misinformed anti-TC propaganda pass....yup, I'm old bald and grumpy but at least I don't dismiss things out of hand...I might dismiss them once I have experienced them but at least it's an informed judgement.

Some guys on here have owned TC's and still prefer an Evo...I can respect those guys but the overlap between Evo and TC is greater than many think, especially the carby ones.

Quick Reply: I need help