EVO All Evo Model Discussion

EVO's

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 11:55 PM
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ptures

Well, I tried to send out some pictures but it won't upload them to the thread. I even had my 15 year old try to do it for me and she couldn't figure it out. I hit the pic icon on the top of the Reply page, when it opens I drag my pics into it, and when I go to post them it says that the pics weren't uploaded, or all the pics just disappear. I've got some good ones to share, so any help here would be appreciated. I told y'all I'm new to this.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:33 AM
Lucky Luke
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try below the posting box.

Attach files > Manage attachments > Upload > Choose images > Upload > Close window.

If the picts are too big or the connection too slow perhaps image button above won't work? Sometimes you just try have to again, then insert into post.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:31 AM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,805 Likes on 3,312 Posts

It's not that. He doesn't have enough posts to allow him to attach pics. Go around to other threads and reply to bring up your post number sand then you'll be able to attach files. Some kind of forum rule... gonna need like 12-15.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:38 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by 98hotrodfatboy
It's not that. He doesn't have enough posts to allow him to attach pics. Go around to other threads and reply to bring up your post number sand then you'll be able to attach files. Some kind of forum rule... gonna need like 12-15.
Forum rules say you have to have 5 posts and have been a member for 30 days to post pictures.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Lucky Luke
Banned

If you email them to me, I'll post them.

Or, presumably you can approach a moderator and ask them to manually enable the feature?

I think we are confident that you are a real person.

At the bottom of the front page - https://www.hdforums.com/forum/ What's Going On? - there is a list of online members. The active moderators/admins are in bold.

Picts would help us too.

This "rubber" in your breather gear has had me wondering. The oil/air passing through it is scavenged from the crankcase. Working back via the oilways, I cannot think where it might have come from, e.g. are you sure it was just not old oil gunk?

Or perhaps excess sealant from inside the cases?

That might suggest they had been taken apart at some point and over enthusiastically sealed.

Last edited by Lucky Luke; 10-04-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 01:38 PM
Dr.Lou
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lucky Luke
Always obliged to help. It's called attention to detail. A good quality when it comes to technical issues.

However, in topics like this, I think there are two elements; the technical, and the budget/strategy.

We'd all like to have the "best", the most powerful, the most improved, "what we've read on the internet" etc ... and I think most of us would admit to have lost it as sometime or another throwing money into a black hole of obsession about our mechanic muses, some bike or another, and being sucked in by it beyond the rational.

For me, a lot of the time, the real question isn't "which part should I use?". It should be, "what is my best strategy approaching this issue/project?".

But good working practise with the written word is that it should be invisible so that the idea ... or question ... behind it shines through clearly.

(Yeah, I'm OCD when it comes to apostrophes after having seriously embarrassed myself and compromised my position by getting in wrong once. I struggle with this stuff too).

Back to the virtual garage and the build, guys ... have we got some compression and good squish going on here?
Before you start pointing fingers about "paying attention to detail," perhaps you should take some of your own advise. I've found missed punctuation marks, improperly placed punctuation marks, grammar, and misspelling, e.g., "practise." Better not to sweat the small stuff, because...

Sorry to point out the obvious, but you continue to embarrass yourself. It must be tough being OCD and a hypocrite. :-)

Ciao

P.S. I am not perfect and occasionally make mistakes.

Last edited by Dr.Lou; 10-04-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Lucky Luke
Banned

That's interesting ... that's actually more to do with age and 'manual of style', e.g. This ngram graphs the use of practice and practise in American books published between 1800 and 2000. I started reading in the late 1880s.

You know, we don't get paid to work here and so a small degree of sloppiness is acceptable, but I would not want anyone to embarrass themselves over a 3 letter word. To ignore it is like not telling your buddy his buttons are undone when he's picking up a dame. Or not telling your date she's got spinach on her teeth.

And if one of you calls an Apple Mac a MAC, I'll draw my weapon.

Now what were you adding to the technical conversation?

(BTW, I do have some more W. Bush quotes if you like. He was favorite comedian of the 20th Century. I mean, "But I also made it clear to Vladimir Putin that it's important to think beyond the old days of when we had the concept that if we blew each other up, the world would be safe" is up there with Karl Marx. Or should that be Groucho Marx?).

Last edited by Lucky Luke; 10-04-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:44 PM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 380 Posts
Smile

Not to get off the subject but my roller rockers are still quite after 3 years,!:'&^%@. Only 80" Iv ever owned that will burn the back tire and pull the front wheel up at the same time, by accident.

Last edited by aces&8s; 10-04-2015 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:59 PM
glidein wide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by aces&8s
Not to get off the subject but my roller rockers are still quite after 3 years,!:'&^%@. Only 80" Iv ever owned that will burn the back tire and pull the front wheel up at the same time, by accident.
Was thinking about rollers for my build but don't want noise, never heard they were noisy until recently. So you are saying they are just as quiet ? To me,noise means something is being worn down, kinda like a dry bearing will be louder than a greased one.

Old 10-04-2015, 05:11 PM
aces&8s
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 574 Likes on 380 Posts

I don't doubt some may have had noise problems but my engine is quiet as stock with 10-1 comp and ev27 cam.

Quick Reply: EVO's