EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Talk me out of, or talk me into a s&s 111

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2015, 08:32 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,028 Likes on 651 Posts
Default Talk me out of, or talk me into a s&s 111

I have been toying with the idea of picking up a 111 for my softail. I have a titled rigid frame that I have been thinking of selling which would go towards it. I can't think of anything I would need to acquire for it as I already have a s&s carb, good 2-1, bdl primary, and chain final drive. The downside is I will have to save up a little. Maybe a next year kinda thing. Anyway, give me some do its or dont's. Bye the way I have a custom softail so the motor numbers don't mean a damn thing when it comes to my title.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:45 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Jason, sell that quarter fairing while you're at it. You may get more than you think. Lol
Just kidding__!
That 111 has a lot of good reviews and in a softie frame it may week just keep you up on the back wheel for three gears.
Having ridden a 124 from s&s I can say that I am jealous. I wish it was in the cards for me.
Tom

Old 12-21-2015, 08:48 PM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

I can't stand windshields. Haha. That fairing on both my bikes makes the wind bearable on the highway. And I do a lot of highway. I am thinking a black one. I am going to call my buddies' shop next week and see what I can get one for. I have to save up some side money as I don't pay for bike stuff with my salary as a rule. It's very tempting

Old 12-21-2015, 09:05 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

100+ hp and torque right out of the box.
Need I say more?????

Old 12-22-2015, 01:00 AM
neo-con-bigot
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nah, I think you should spend the money going back to college to gain further professional skills/qualifications in order to increase your earning potential and employment opportunities.

Or take the $6,000 and spend an hour or two every day playing the FX (foreign exchange) markets. With a bit of luck, you'll double it in 6 months (usual disclaimers apply*).

You did want talked out of it, right?

Ask yourself, what is it that you are really seeking in life ... what is it that will bring you the most satisfaction?

Material objects will never bring you true and lasting contentment. They won't fill or remove that feeling of emptiness. Generally, they only bring more irritation and discontentment. Such is the way of life.

You're basically considering spending money you don't even have, money you will have to labor for months for, on a fireworks show which will be over a few weeks after it started. One that will likely only cause you more struggle and grief along the way ... and one that won't even impress 99.9% of women.

You've got it all wrong, bro. Modest, simplicity and the love of a good woman - or dog - is what you really want and much cheaper. Stick with something you can afford today; rescue a puppy from an animal shelter and just buy a cheap, swop out 80 ci. Never spend money that you have not got.

(Hint: puppies are better for pulling more women than motorcycles).

Old 12-22-2015, 04:48 AM
traildog
Extreme HDF Member
Received 699 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by neo-con-bigot
Nah, I think you should spend the money going back to college to gain further professional skills/qualifications in order to increase your earning potential and employment opportunities.

Or take the $6,000 and spend an hour or two every day playing the FX (foreign exchange) markets. With a bit of luck, you'll double it in 6 months (usual disclaimers apply*).

Ask yourself, what is it that you are really seeking in life ... what is it that will bring you the most satisfaction?

Material objects will never bring you true and lasting contentment. They won't fill or remove that feeling of emptiness. Generally, they only bring more irritation and discontentment. Such is the way of life.

You're basically considering spending money you don't even have, money you will have to labor for months for, on a fireworks show which will be over a few weeks after it started. One that will likely only cause you more struggle and grief along the way ... and one that won't even impress 99.9% of women.

You've got it all wrong, bro. Modest, simplicity and the love of a good woman - or dog - is what you really want and much cheaper. Stick with something you can afford today; rescue a puppy from an animal shelter and just buy a cheap, swop out 80 ci. Never spend money that you have not got.

Huh? What do YOU ride?

Old 12-22-2015, 05:32 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,667 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Originally Posted by neo-con-bigot

Well, that cheered me right up.

What I think I'll do is go get a Ural side car rig, borrow a puppy, and go riding around the local college campus. The only thing that could go wrong is if the little bastard jumps out and runs off.

Old 12-22-2015, 05:34 AM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Yes, a boring square engine.

Old 12-22-2015, 06:30 AM
neo-con-bigot
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by traildog
Huh? What do YOU ride?
The guy said "talk me out of it", so I did.

I could have said, "it's nuts to spend $6,000 on a bike that's only worth $5,000", and point out he'll never get his money back on it, but this way round a puppy has it's life saved, he gets a life long loyal companion ... AND he gets more dates.

What we should really be discussing is which breed.

I'd say 'anything that does *not* look like it is designed to kill your neighbor'. Something shaggy and a little dippy with a soft mouth, like a setter, a retriever or sheepdog. Something small but not yappy, like a Jack Russel would be cool too ... that is, something you could fit inside your jacket with his head sticking out. Or a mutt ... if it has cute markings, or punky hair. You get the idea.

It must be a rescue tho, that's defintely adds to your cool, but nothing that looks like it would have Down's Syndrome, if it was a human being (it's hard to get goggles to stay on if it does not have a muzzle).

Basically, the idea is you're getting the dame into that touchie-feelie zone already, appealling to her nurturing instincts, and presenting yourself as tough protector with a caring side. Women go weak at the knees for all that kind of stuff. Not engines.

Think of it as an autonomous expression of your own sexuality, uninhibitedly bounding all over the place, jumping all over every female, and trying to put its head up her skirt. He'll filter out the fun playful ones for you. She really wants to touch you but society says she can't, so she can stroke your, ahem, dog instead. He's a metaphor for a part of you.

If you want a loyal friend, it should be a dog, not a bitch.
Originally Posted by 0maha
Well, that cheered me right up.

What I think I'll do is go get a Ural side car rig, borrow a puppy, and go riding around the local college campus.
With a Ural side car and a puppy - for much less than the cost of an S&S - you'll pull not just the girl but her friend too. It will *expontentially* increase the number of pulls you'll get (girls always want to bring their friend to feel safe).

Problem solved ... your irresistible date is waiting for you, sir.

Last edited by neo-con-bigot; 12-22-2015 at 07:42 AM.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:54 AM
misfitJason
Seasoned HDF Member

Haha. I'm sold.

Quick Reply: Talk me out of, or talk me into a s&s 111