EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Creative help

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 04:51 PM
Dgaroutte
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Creative help

It's been a while since I posted, but my Ultra is running perfectly. I know this is not my EVO, but my EVO could be gray primer with pink spots and still out perform this TC. This Electra glide has come back to me twice now and I guess it is here to stay. As you can see in the pictures I have powder coated the bag rails and supports, latch covers, rear bumper, floor boards and headlight ring. What I need is some creative advice. I want to finish out the bike, but I think if I do the rest in red it will be too much. I want to pc all of the body chrome adding some black, possibly the fork lowers and front and rear blinkers, and eventually do the engine chrome black. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails Creative help-harley1.jpg   Creative help-harley2.jpg   Creative help-harley3.jpg  
Old 11-20-2016, 06:46 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Dgaroutte
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Install
EV0

Old 11-20-2016, 07:16 PM
Dgaroutte
Advanced

It sits in the far corner away from my Evo as I don't want them touching. I'm just trying to spruce it up to give it as much help as I can. Also, its pretty close to an EVO as it's a 99.

Old 11-20-2016, 07:48 PM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,172 Likes on 6,217 Posts

I think I can do some photoshopping tomorrow night for you

Old 11-20-2016, 07:54 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,786 Likes on 9,863 Posts

Come back to you twice????

Old 11-20-2016, 08:10 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,810 Likes on 3,315 Posts

You could always seek the advice of a graphic artist and incorporate some black vinyl decals into the fairing, fenders, tank and bags... Being vinyl gives you the choice of yea or nay. The nice thing is that they put a picture of your ride on the computer and let you play till you find what really flows for you..... and in any color you can imagine. Sort of like that wrap **** they do nowa days....

Old 11-20-2016, 08:15 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,684 Likes on 850 Posts
Default 89"

Started a thread, pushed wrong keys

Old 11-20-2016, 09:46 PM
Dgaroutte
Advanced

I bought the bike in 02 and wrecked it in 04. The insurance paid me off and then told me go get the bike and dispose of it. I was still in the hospital, so I had a friend go get it and RIDE it back to my house. After I recovered I rebuilt it. I sold it to a friend and 1500 miles 5 1/2 years later he brought it back to me and all but gave it back. So now, I don't think I can get rid of it.

The vinyl sounds good, but I live in Japan. Maybe when I go back next summer vacation I can look into it. I may see if I can work with someone via the internet. The main thing I want to do is powder coat as I built an oven and a spray booth.

Prot, if you have some time that would be great. Please don't waste a lot of your time but if I could get a couple of ideas I would be greatly appreciative. I was laid off from my job and I have some free time until after the first of the year and want to do some work on it.

Thanks for all of the advice

Old 11-21-2016, 02:41 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Cool

You have gold pinstripes, so how about using that colour for some details? Black wheels with gold pin stripes? A tan seat would look killer......

Old 11-21-2016, 04:58 PM
Dgaroutte
Advanced

A tan seat might look good, but for now I don't want to spend a lot of money. I was laid off in July and don't plan on going back to work until next year. This a second bike. For now I can powder coat and have plenty of red and black and more time than I know what to do with. The chrome is not the best as I live five minutes from the Pacific and the humidity is always high. The bike is now kept in a garage with a dehumidifer constantly running, but the less chrome means less polishing and more time riding (the EVO of course). Please keep the ideas coming because I am not opposed to doing more to this bike as it will be a permanent fixture in my garage. I just need to make sure I go back to work first before spending much money.

Quick Reply: Creative help