EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Replace 2003 revtech 100 Evo motor

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 07:19 AM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
I bought my 1990 Glide new and have done a ton of work on it. If I had all the cash I've spent on it over the years in my back pocket today I could buy a new CVO and still have change. My bike is probably worth less than I paid for it. Which is by way of confirming that spending money on your bike is not going to add value, except to you. By all means repaint it (done that!), change the engine (done that too!) and any other upgrades that you fancy, but do it for your own pleasure and satisfaction, not as an 'investment'.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:15 PM
Riide125
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
I bought my 1990 Glide new and have done a ton of work on it. If I had all the cash I've spent on it over the years in my back pocket today I could buy a new CVO and still have change. My bike is probably worth less than I paid for it. Which is by way of confirming that spending money on your bike is not going to add value, except to you. By all means repaint it (done that!), change the engine (done that too!) and any other upgrades that you fancy, but do it for your own pleasure and satisfaction, not as an 'investment'.
I wish I had never said anything about bringing the value up. It's not y I'm doing it or will do it. I'm not trying to sell it. That comment ruined this whole thread. I was just trying to get in front of a problem I think is coming

Old 01-15-2017, 03:27 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Originally Posted by Riide125
I wish I had never said anything about bringing the value up. It's not y I'm doing it or will do it. I'm not trying to sell it. That comment ruined this whole thread. I was just trying to get in front of a problem I think is coming

In that case if/when that Revtec goes out get an S&S motor!!!!!
At least a 111" or you can go hog wild and get a 124"!!!

Old 01-15-2017, 04:54 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,851 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Thumbs up

As already mentioned we can help out if and when that time comes! If we paid too much attention to the 'problems' that Harleys have we would never buy one. I suspect much the same could be applied to Revtech. I have three of Wisconsin's finest at present!

Old 01-15-2017, 05:02 PM
acman308
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Why not call Hillside cycle and talk to them about building you a motor with your desired purpose in mind?

If i were going to spend big money on a motor I'd want it to fit my needs ...... IDK maybe one of the s&s motors is what you want.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:02 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

I was just trying to get in front of a problem I think is coming
OK, let's reset here.

Hi, welcome to EVOland. Thanks for your thorough introduction and including something about yourself and your bike. In the future we will be able to help you learn more about your EVO as well as to help you diagnose problems and fix them. One informed post is better than a string of broken ones. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here. All we ask is for you to come here prepared with enough information to ask the right questions. Read other threads to learn.
Try not to whine or worry
Thick skin and a sense of humor is helpful
DO NOT DRINK THE SEAFOAM

Now, what kind of oil do you use?

Old 01-15-2017, 11:02 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Originally Posted by Beemervet
OK, let's reset here.

Hi, welcome to EVOland. Thanks for your thorough introduction and including something about yourself and your bike. In the future we will be able to help you learn more about your EVO as well as to help you diagnose problems and fix them. One informed post is better than a string of broken ones. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience here. All we ask is for you to come here prepared with enough information to ask the right questions. Read other threads to learn.
Try not to whine or worry
Thick skin and a sense of humor is helpful
DO NOT DRINK THE SEAFOAM

Now, what kind of oil do you use?
And more importantly where do you put your gas cap when you fill up???

Old 01-15-2017, 11:17 PM
Yamaharley
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 545 Likes on 421 Posts

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
And more importantly where do you put your gas cap when you fill up???
And more importantly than that, do you countersteer?