EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Where have the evo's gone

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 10:38 AM
Retirementtoy
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've got a friend that bought my 1988 Electra Glide and wants to sell it. It's in really good shape and needs a new home. Here's a pic. He's asking $5300. Lives in Delaware.

Attached Thumbnails Where have the evo's gone-old-red.jpg  

Last edited by Retirementtoy; 01-16-2017 at 10:58 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:43 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

Delaware? Good grief, I thought that only existed in a pop song! Looks good, got a few frills added, is that an S&S carb, or just an air filter? Helping a friend out is a good thing - bit like adopting a favourite pet!

Old 01-16-2017, 10:47 AM
Billman812
Tourer
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts

97 FLHT Std, 88 FXRP, 1995 Santee 'roller' FXR frame. all are evo powered.
Fun bikes and worth hanging onto if I can although the FL is for sale
Good luck in your search

Old 01-16-2017, 10:49 AM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by aces&8s
I also have an excellent deal on this authentic one of a kind beauty yamaharley once owned by world renounced legend Mr.Sea Foam himself. make offer.
Not sure if this was intentional or not, but it's brilliant!

Old 01-16-2017, 10:55 AM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

A guy from work has a friend that dais he will just leave it in the garage rather than sell it for "that". It is a 1992 dyna that he thinks is worth $8000. I'm guessing it is half that, maybe more in spring.

Old 01-16-2017, 10:57 AM
Retirementtoy
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
Delaware? Good grief, I thought that only existed in a pop song! Looks good, got a few frills added, is that an S&S carb, or just an air filter? Helping a friend out is a good thing - bit like adopting a favourite pet!
That's an S&S carb, I think it was the super E. I added the lights and he added the lowers. It is in great running order. If I had the money it would be back in my garage were it belongs.

Old 01-16-2017, 11:03 AM
0maha
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,667 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee⋁15843517
A guy from work has a friend that dais he will just leave it in the garage rather than sell it for "that". It is a 1992 dyna that he thinks is worth $8000. I'm guessing it is half that, maybe more in spring.
There are a lot of those out there....guys who bought in the early 90's when these things were actually increasing in value and don't want to admit to themselves that they missed the bubble.

Big Red was one of those. Guy wanted way, way, way too much for her. I got him down to merely way too much. Still over-paid, but I was willing to pay a premium for low miles and absolute originality.

With as much as I've put into her, we're getting back to way, way, way too much, but that's ok. She's worth it.

Old 01-16-2017, 11:48 AM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by 0maha
There are a lot of those out there....guys who bought in the early 90's when these things were actually increasing in value and don't want to admit to themselves that they missed the bubble.

Big Red was one of those. Guy wanted way, way, way too much for her. I got him down to merely way too much. Still over-paid, but I was willing to pay a premium for low miles and absolute originality.

With as much as I've put into her, we're getting back to way, way, way too much, but that's ok. She's worth it.
I reckon every one of us can say that about our bikes.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:08 PM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by 0maha

Originally Posted by texashillcountry
I reckon every one of us can say that about our bikes.
I think I only have $15k into my softie. Lol. I might even get $5500 for her in the right light if the planets align.

Old 01-16-2017, 12:28 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,594 Likes on 5,167 Posts

Willing to bet a large number of the EVO's are still bikes that can be ridden and still around.
I still have my 1996 FB and will never part with it. Not my main ride but still here.
There will be a lot of EVO parts around for many years to come. Like 57 chev and mustangs someone will make what you need.
Over the years and miles lowest cost of ownership of any bike I ever owned. The few mods I made are bolt on light modern lights.
I still have every factory nut and bolt for it. The engine has never need to be touched nor primary or transmission .
Even the leather bags still look great.
I won't part with it because over the years my wife and latter children and Grandchildren had to dam much fun with it.

Last edited by smitty901; 01-16-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Quick Reply: Where have the evo's gone