EVO All Evo Model Discussion

License plate light ideas

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 11:19 PM
mjunk1
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default License plate light ideas

My 90 e-glide must have had a tour pack on it originally where the license plate mounted.&nbsp\\; The tail/brake light has a clear section on the top that lights up when the lights are on and illuminates the license plate (if it were hung off that pack).&nbsp\\; However, I have no tour pack now and the previous owner simply drilled two holes in the turn signal bar and mounted the license plate there.&nbsp\\; Works fine for me, but the bike immediately fails inspection due to the plate being unlit.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
So, I found a mini-dome light in an auto parts store that had a clear lens.&nbsp\\; My idea was to shape it with my dremel and then cut out the top of my bottom tail light (the "marker" like light that sits at the very bottom of my fender next to the chrome strip) and glue the clear piece in.&nbsp\\; That way, when the lights are on some light would be directed up to the license plate and the bike would pass inspection.&nbsp\\; Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket lens cover made like this for this marker light?&nbsp\\; Or will I have to cut mine up?
&nbsp\\;
My other option is to use a normal plate bracket and drill some holes in the fender.&nbsp\\; I really don't want to do that because I hope to find a tour pack some day and also like the look with no tour pack on for the shorter trips I typically take.&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Does anyone&nbsp\\;have any other suggestions, or know of any other turn signal/license plate brackets that would work and keep me from drilling in the fender?
&nbsp\\;
Thanks.&nbsp\\;

Old 07-02-2008, 04:22 AM
Ribcracker
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: License plate light ideas

look on ebay mate. They do bolts with LED lights for just this reason. Use the bolt to secure the plate and voila you know have a lighted plate

Old 07-02-2008, 08:00 AM
twowheelsforever
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You could also try something like this:
&nbsp\\;
http://www.customdynamics.com/illumi...nce_plates.htm

Old 07-02-2008, 09:34 AM
mjunk1
Road Captain
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: twowheelsforever

You could also try something like this:
&nbsp\\;\\\\\\;
http://www.customdynamics.com/illumi...nce_plates.htm
&nbsp\\;
Thanks - I ordered some of the led bolts and that should do me fine.&nbsp\\; They are even in NC!&nbsp\\;
&nbsp\\;
Great ride by the way!