EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Ultima engines your results

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 04:48 PM
chsnfew
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2009 100" and had less than 2000 miles on it when the rear cylinder started blowing oil. the top ring on the piston had broke off and scratched the walls, but ultima paid for all repairs and shipping both ways and said the problem was a faulty ignition system so thee motor was preigniteing and they reset it and sent it back now the only problem is the noisy lifters. Just can't seem to quiet them down. I was told to remove the 600 lift cam and put in a smaller one as the big cam was made for short runs not long highway runs and the big cam is beating up my valve train. Anybody got any output on this?

Old 12-18-2009, 09:12 AM
BIGRED1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ordered the 113 comp engine for my 95 FLHTCUI. Anybody change from FI to carb? I have already ordered the tank adapters and petcock, but how about the ignition?
Cant wait to get started on this project, I'll photo as much as I can!

Old 12-23-2009, 10:33 PM
Classic Beast
Tourer

It comes with it's own pre set ignition.

Old 12-30-2009, 04:45 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You will probably have to raise the rear of the tank in order to clear the carb and air cleaner. You might also want to rebuild the rear master cylinder, as once the engine is in there it's a bear to remove/replace and the assurance that you have maximum stopping power is a good thing too. You will also need a single fire coil. Hope this helps.

Old 12-30-2009, 09:30 PM
BIGRED1
Cruiser

Got the motor in already, I do have to say that like years past, I used the old bear hug to R&R the motor, still have some ugh left. I have a few pictures, kinda hard when you do all of the work by yourself! Had to rebuild the MS a while back, good there. Motor mount needed to be massaged and I had to use the spacer from the old motor for the stater, other than that it is going well. Hoping to get it completed by the weekend, really depends on UPS bringing the new coil (single fire) and clutch. Nice having the time off to take time and clean/replace stuff as needed, found a moter mount bolt cracked and replaced the mount (200+k). Still have to modify tank for FI swap. Thanks to everyone for the info. When completed, I will add to what has already been blogged.

Last edited by BIGRED1; 12-30-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:59 AM
paco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGRED1
Ordered the 113 comp engine for my 95 FLHTCUI. Anybody change from FI to carb? I have already ordered the tank adapters and petcock, but how about the ignition?
Cant wait to get started on this project, I'll photo as much as I can!

bigred 1,

i put a Ultima 107 on a 1995 flhtcui. i trashed all the Fi and the cb stuff. went with another tank since i had one. i bought a ignition wiring harness to connect the single fire coil. i do not have cruise control since i did away with the ecm on the bike. here is pics that i took :

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o...tra%20project/

later.............

Old 12-31-2009, 10:37 AM
BIGRED1
Cruiser

Great job. Same bike as mine, I think mine was #1460 of the 30th anny. edition. I have been modifing it to look like a Street Glide, lights, tank console ect. . I didnt get the wiring harness but I do have the manual with full wiring diagrams. Should have that completed today. Still waiting on the clutch and coil!! How about the VOES switch, do I need one?

Old 12-31-2009, 10:45 AM
paco
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Big Red 1,

I did not use a voe switch on mine. some have used one set at 7 lbs vacuum. but i really am not sure. miacycles can tell u the particulars on the VOES, but i am not using one.

cant wait to see it and hear how she runs. I love mine.

later.......................

Old 01-02-2010, 06:31 PM
Classic Beast
Tourer

ultima says no voes, i tried one but took it out, it runs better without one

Old 01-02-2010, 07:26 PM
BIGRED1
Cruiser

Did you have any problem with noisey lifters?
What did you do with the cruse control parts? I would like to hook mine back up but the control box got wet and works when it wants to.
I got it running today but only put 20 or so miles due to the lifter noise. I'll try to adjust them in the morning.
Wow! gobbs more power!!!

Quick Reply: Ultima engines your results