EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Shovelution Streetglide Pics.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 02:58 PM
legacycycles
Oops
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shovelution Streetglide Pics.

Here are a few pics of my old 83 flt rubber shovel.

Attached Thumbnails Shovelution Streetglide Pics.-re.jpg   Shovelution Streetglide Pics.-res.jpg   Shovelution Streetglide Pics.-img_2188.jpg   Shovelution Streetglide Pics.-resi.jpg   Shovelution Streetglide Pics.-resis.jpg  

Old 01-08-2010, 04:05 PM
t150vej
HDF Community Team
Received 1,679 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Most here know that I'm kinda picky.. well OK, totally wacked about keeping stuff close to original but... that's a damn fine looking ride!

What year engine did you go with?

(please) tell me it's a bottom breather with a 5-piece flywheel, 2 piece pinion bearing and all that ... lie to me if you have to

Serious, nice looking ride !!!

Old 01-08-2010, 05:11 PM
legacycycles
Oops

Ill have to lie then,cause its a 97 model engine with stock wheels,but not for long.Thanks

Old 01-09-2010, 03:32 PM
beardo
Tourer
Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by t150vej
Most here know that I'm kinda picky.. well OK, totally wacked about keeping stuff close to original but... that's a damn fine looking ride!

What year engine did you go with?

(please) tell me it's a bottom breather with a 5-piece flywheel, 2 piece pinion bearing and all that ... lie to me if you have to

Serious, nice looking ride !!!
Im new to Evo's. Had sporty's and a couple TCs. Bottom breather? 5-piece flywheel? 2 piece pinion bearing?

I just got an 87 FLHTC about a month ago that Im slowly turning into an FLHS, so Im kinda learning as I go with this Evo stuff. Please enlighten me!

Old 01-09-2010, 04:00 PM
t150vej
HDF Community Team
Received 1,679 Likes on 1,094 Posts

Originally Posted by beardo
Im new to Evo's. Had sporty's and a couple TCs. Bottom breather? 5-piece flywheel? 2 piece pinion bearing?

I just got an 87 FLHTC about a month ago that Im slowly turning into an FLHS, so Im kinda learning as I go with this Evo stuff. Please enlighten me!
Nothing to be concerned about really... unless you're neurotic like me

The earliest Evos basically had a Shovelhead bottom end. Removable sprocket shaft, removable pinion shaft, hence the 5-piece flywheel which became a 4-piece in 87-89 (removable pinion shaft only) 2 sets of caged bearings on the pinion shaft and the crankcase breather outlet was behind the oil pump in the case like the later shovels. Pinion shafts for the 87-89 are different animals but still used the 2-piece bearings until about 92 or 93 and in 90 the flywheels went to a 3-piece. Doesn't matter much - it's still the same basic flywheel design used since the 1930's.

Lots of other small changes throughout, but I thought if legacy had used an older Evo, more like the engines of the time period of the frame, I'd not be able to give him a hard time about putting an incorrect engine on his frame... but I still can't because it looks so freakin good! (gettin soft in my old age I reckon)

Old 01-09-2010, 04:50 PM
beardo
Tourer

Thanks for the history lesson. I love learning about mechanical stuff, so when I spot an opportunity..... Thanks again!

Old 01-09-2010, 09:24 PM
HGM
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Great looking ride!!! Exactly what I've had in mind to build for my next bike.. Good job!! As with the other guys, I'm sure, I'd like to hear more about it, see pictures of its transformation, etc...

Old 01-10-2010, 09:19 AM
legacycycles
Oops

Originally Posted by HGM
Great looking ride!!! Exactly what I've had in mind to build for my next bike.. Good job!! As with the other guys, I'm sure, I'd like to hear more about it, see pictures of its transformation, etc...
Sorry,i dont have many pics on the making of,as i done it over years.When i bought the bike it was actually pearl white,but had allready had the faring and tank changed.As for more info,i could write a book on it and its mods.I can do it but it will be loooong.And i forgot to mention i gotta sidehack for it also.

Old 01-10-2010, 02:52 PM
beardo
Tourer

I gotta ask, which seat and for what year fitment? I would like to steer away from the lazyboy stock seat myself....

Old 01-10-2010, 03:07 PM
notfried
Outstanding HDF Member

very nice,man

really dig it

Quick Reply: Shovelution Streetglide Pics.