EVO All Evo Model Discussion

V&h propipe on 98 ultra classic

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 12:18 PM
Plumbwader
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
Default V&h propipe on 98 ultra classic

I am really wanting to add this in the near future. What year model should i buy this for being that its not technically available for my bike? Will i need to make any mods to get it to fit? I am currently running stock pipes with Rush slip ons, open k and n air cleaner and a EV27 cam.

Old 09-24-2015, 01:30 PM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,694 Likes on 1,150 Posts

I have Dand D Fatcat 2-1 from a 05 Road King. Plugged the O2 sensor bungs and got a mounting bracket at the trans for my 97 EG.

All Good WP

Old 09-24-2015, 07:32 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,627 Likes on 842 Posts

Try and find one of the older ones with the removable baffle, can do so much with them. You can cover holes in the baffle with a simple hose clamp to add back pressure to move the torque down lower, the baffle has a chamber in the rear that is glass mat pack and usually blown out which makes it louder, you can repack the rear section to get a deeper sound with slight more back pressure and tone down the sound. The front section has nothing around it that gives it more of a snarling sound at times and that is where hose clamps can block off holes for more back pressure.

The picture of my bike has the Propipe with a home built ghost pipe, currently have a Dragos Dragula for big engines but still love the Propipe, has a better sound in a 2-1

Old 09-24-2015, 07:44 PM
Plumbwader
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997bagger
Try and find one of the older ones with the removable baffle, can do so much with them. You can cover holes in the baffle with a simple hose clamp to add back pressure to move the torque down lower, the baffle has a chamber in the rear that is glass mat pack and usually blown out which makes it louder, you can repack the rear section to get a deeper sound with slight more back pressure and tone down the sound. The front section has nothing around it that gives it more of a snarling sound at times and that is where hose clamps can block off holes for more back pressure.

The picture of my bike has the Propipe with a home built ghost pipe, currently have a Dragos Dragula for big engines but still love the Propipe, has a better sound in a 2-1
I had that exact propipe on my roadstar. It had a very noticeable difference in midrange and low end. I cant wait

Old 09-25-2015, 12:31 PM
IBDAGRIZ
Road Master
Received 221 Likes on 162 Posts

Been running a Pro-Pipe on my 94 dresser with a 113" motor in it for over 8 yrs now. Love it. Just got a set of SuperTrapp 2:1 with an o2 bung on it for an A/F meter.

We'll see..

Griz

Old 09-27-2015, 11:20 AM
nyokie
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WP50
I have Dand D Fatcat 2-1 from a 05 Road King. Plugged the O2 sensor bungs and got a mounting bracket at the trans for my 97 EG.

All Good WP
A mounting bracket? How fancy! I beat the stock one flat and ran i pipe clamp through it. Oh and had to cut the mount bolt tab off the D&D, and had to make 1 inch tabs at muffler to space the pipe out an inch from stock location

Old 09-27-2015, 11:49 AM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by nyokie
A mounting bracket? How fancy! I beat the stock one flat and ran i pipe clamp through it. Oh and had to cut the mount bolt tab off the D&D, and had to make 1 inch tabs at muffler to space the pipe out an inch from stock location
Had a chance to pickup these pipes reasonable. Went by an indy shop I know well and asked about fitment. CJ said I'm pretty sure they will but I can call and ask. he called D&D. We were told they would fit fine with the correct trans mount bracket. I asked if they would sell us one. He said they would but he had one on a salvage bike I could have for Free.

Got the bracket and called to tell the guy I'll take them. Everything fit and has been fine for about 2 years now.

WP

Old 09-27-2015, 12:28 PM
nyokie
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by WP50
Had a chance to pickup these pipes reasonable. Went by an indy shop I know well and asked about fitment. CJ said I'm pretty sure they will but I can call and ask. he called D&D. We were told they would fit fine with the correct trans mount bracket. I asked if they would sell us one. He said they would but he had one on a salvage bike I could have for Free.

Got the bracket and called to tell the guy I'll take them. Everything fit and has been fine for about 2 years now.

WP
Nice oh well i already took a chopsaw to the tab on the pipes but they fit fine that way as well

Old 09-27-2015, 12:46 PM
WP50
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by nyokie
Nice oh well i already took a chopsaw to the tab on the pipes but they fit fine that way as well
Always more than one way to skin a cat
Many times it's Funny how I got a good plan and end up adapting something to fit some where that no one else(that I heard of) has had to do

WP