EVO All Evo Model Discussion

POWER COMMANDER on EVOS//help/maps

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 05:19 PM
#1rocketman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POWER COMMANDER on EVOS//help/maps

Is anyone running a Power Commander IIIr on a late model Evo with the MM injection and if so,what mods have you done(exhuast,AC,etc)
I have a 98 Road King and just purchased a set of Fullsac true duals.I have a stock AC with a K&N filter,Vance & Hines fishtails.I'm probably gonna remove the baffles when I do the swap this weekend.Not really planning much else except maybe a mod to the AC or pick up an Arlen Ness ,Screamin Eagle or? aftermarket AC. Will I have a problem finding the correct map for what I'm doing? Perhaps someone on here has basically the same setup and has a correct map.Fullsac says by adding their true duals and mufflers,you do need a tuner but like I said,I'm prob. gonna take out my baffles at least and I don't want it running lean.
Any insite here would be appreciated!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:52 PM
96roadking
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From what I've researched, PC IIIs will work on 97 and up EFI Harleys. From what I've read on the forums, Jamie at Fuel Moto is the guru of PCs. They are a sponsor here and post in the tech section sometimes. If that's the route you want to take, give him a call. I happen to have a 96 EFI, which would need an upgraded ECM to use a PC, so I found a Revtech DFO at J&P and use that to adjust mixture. It's a little like changing jets in a carb but easier. Lower tech than a PC but hey, it works for me.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:57 AM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,631 Likes on 843 Posts

Ran a PC3 usb for 3 years, I believe the "R" uses the the same maps as the USB but uses a serial port connection instead of a USB. Dynojet has downloadable maps on it's site that is just an get close situation from bikes previously dyno'd and the maps are recorded and saved with mods used.

Options:
Loading maps from the site and see how it runs, take it to a dyno tuner, purchase a Daytona Sensor Wego 3 tuning system and do it yourself or purchase a PC3 from Fuel Moto and let them help you.

I bought the Wego3 tuning system and did my own maps, finally took off the MM efi and now use the digital afr system from the Wego3 to tune in the carb. The only way to get an efi tuned right is spend money.

My MM efi worked great, I removed it because it was at it's limits on feeding the engine even in a modified state, the carb installation has been a good situation and has been worry free, no regrets.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:39 PM
#1rocketman
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997bagger
Ran a PC3 usb for 3 years, I believe the "R" uses the the same maps as the USB but uses a serial port connection instead of a USB. Dynojet has downloadable maps on it's site that is just an get close situation from bikes previously dyno'd and the maps are recorded and saved with mods used.

Options:
Loading maps from the site and see how it runs, take it to a dyno tuner, purchase a Daytona Sensor Wego 3 tuning system and do it yourself or purchase a PC3 from Fuel Moto and let them help you.

I bought the Wego3 tuning system and did my own maps, finally took off the MM efi and now use the digital afr system from the Wego3 to tune in the carb. The only way to get an efi tuned right is spend money.

My MM efi worked great, I removed it because it was at it's limits on feeding the engine even in a modified state, the carb installation has been a good situation and has been worry free, no regrets.
PM'd you