EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Daytona Bike Week Rides

Old 02-22-2012, 09:57 AM
Bleachey
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daytona Bike Week Rides

I'm pretty excited for our trip to Daytona for bike week. Less than three weeks away. I've ridden The Loop through Ormond Beach and the state park. I would like to know if anyone know some other nice rides in the area. You can only handle so much bumper to bumper going to all the exhibits and bars, you know what I mean?

Old 02-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You can always continue north on A1A from the loop and head to St. Augustine. If you head south from Daytona on US1 to Maytown Rd or SR46 , then west from either of those roads about 25mi you will hit 415 in Osteen. 415 will take you north through Osteen and New Smyrna right back to Daytona. All of those roads are pretty nice open roads mostly 2-lane country type roads with a couple watering holes on the way. Nice way to get off Main Street for a couple hours.

When you get to 415 your also pretty close to Sanford/Lake Monroe. Riding around Lake Monroe is pretty nice too.

To find any other decent open rode rides close by you will have to head more west/southwest to lake county. SR44 from New Smyrna or SR 40 from Ormond will take you out that way.

Last edited by Frankenbagger; 02-22-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:37 PM
pigbike
Advanced

Cabbage Patch is always a good time, but I haven't gone to bike week in at least 10 years. My plan at bike week was always to get a motel within walking distance of Main St , and then if I fired up the bike, was to get as far as possible from Main St.

Old 02-22-2012, 05:42 PM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pigbike
Cabbage Patch is always a good time, but I haven't gone to bike week in at least 10 years. My plan at bike week was always to get a motel within walking distance of Main St , and then if I fired up the bike, was to get as far as possible from Main St.
I live pretty close to Daytona, but have the same philosophy. Im either STAYING near Main St for the party at night, or getting far far away to enjoy some riding. Its no fun "riding" up/down/near main st. I usually just ride all day and park the bike in Daytona and go to Main St.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:11 PM
dwatkins
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 on the St. Augustine ride up A1A! I loved that ride right beside the ocean when we were there for biketoberfest.

Old 02-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Bleachey
Tourer

Great information everyone, thank you. We are staying in Ormond Beach, and while Main Street is cool and I will definitley cruise it once or twice it's more just to say I did it than enjoyment. We will ride during the day and enjoy the people watching at night. We will probably go visit some family in the Orland area as well, but I want to ride, that's why we buy these wonderful machines and spend so many hours maintaining them, right?

Old 02-23-2012, 05:57 AM
watindes
Cruiser

This will be my first ride to Daytona, completely new to me doing this, we are staying somwhere between Orlando and Daytona not sure where but trying to stay as close as possible. I do not want to pay $150 a night but I look forward to it, should be fun!!

Old 02-23-2012, 08:07 AM
Bleachey
Tourer

watindes
Hang Around
Garage is empty, add now

This will be my first ride to Daytona, completely new to me doing this, we are staying somwhere between Orlando and Daytona not sure where but trying to stay as close as possible. I do not want to pay $150 a night but I look forward to it, should be fun!!

Last year was my first year. It was very cool, and we were there for the few days leading up to bike week and had to leave the first Sunday, so looking forward to being in the mix of it. Patience is key, I've never seen crowds like it before. Hope your bike can handle the heat because if you try to ride colse to Daytona and Main street it's more like walking your bike around. We rode Main Street twice just to say we did it, once during the day and then once at night. Then we ended up parking it about a block away and just walked around. Lots of interesting people.

We rode to Destination Daytona which was pretty cool with all of the vendors and displays set up, plus there's a really good BBQ place there. We also rode The Loop which was cool. We were headed towards New Smyrna Beach when I had an issue and went down which cut our trip short by a day. Hopefully this year will be better, looking forward to being in the wind.

I was looking for a room earlier this month because our original deal fell through, Palm Coast isn't too far and had reasonable prices. I also think Lake Mary which is closer to Orlando had some deals. I actually found a listing on Craigslist that we are doing. It's a Bluegreen property which made me feel comfortable since I'm an owner but it was full. Paying $550 for 4 nights which isn't too bad in Ormond Beach. It sleeps 6 so we are sharing with another couple.

Last edited by Bleachey; 02-23-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:12 AM
pigbike
Advanced

Originally Posted by watindes
Bike week is fun but everyone there is out for your money. Paying $150 a night probably is off the beaten path. I don't know what the going prices are now, but 10-15 years ago a regular $39.00 room was $150+ back then, for something near Main St.

Old 02-23-2012, 08:24 AM
billzflhtc
Cruiser
Default Daytona rides

Check with the Fla Crew on here, they are a great source of good rides and info. If you get the chance ride out toward Palatka and go to the Cheyenne Saloon. Real biker bar not as umm commercial as the bars/events get in daytona. And a nice ride with a quite a few ways to get there from daytona

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Daytona Bike Week Rides