EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Weber Dual Throat Opinions

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 12:00 AM
j1mmy
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

great looking carb.cant get much cooler..but its kind of like hanging a two barrel off your v8 pickup on the engine performance wise..

Old 11-20-2012, 12:52 PM
barhopperjon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I found a guy who has a new in box Dellorto that he can tune to my specs. He's out of evo intakes and only has shovel intakes left. He asked if I might be able to come up with an intake. He also noted the Weber intakes are junk. Any ideas?

Old 11-21-2012, 12:29 PM
CafeSportyTC
Advanced

Get the Dell'orto, Webers are nice but dell'orto's are a better engineered version. for dell's your gonna want to contact CBPERFORMANCE.com they mainly do VW's but they are Dell'orto experts and carry most parts. like i said webers are fine but Dell's cant be beat. I run dual 45mm DRLA's on my VW Fastback motor, the progression through the range is much smoother, and they flow more than a 48 IDF weber which is supposed to flow more but doesn't.

like another poster said these carbs are Infinately tunable. between venturi's progression stacks , jets (idle , progression, and mains) you just can beat Dell's for performance applications, especially becuase they offer more of a streetable throttle range, its not like some carbs that are either on or off. consider a good set of velocity stacks, helps smooth the flow and atomize the fuel better than just running off the flat top of the carb. hope this made any sense

Old 11-21-2012, 02:07 PM
miacycles
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by back again

Webers are great carbs from mild to wild. Plenty of tuning tips these days on you tube. I ran this 45 side draft for years on this ironhead. stock with just cams and pipes it ripped. After headwork it really shined. Not a carb to tune for a beginner but can be done easily with a little time on the net. Lots of foriegn car hot rod shops around the country will likely turn up a good tuner also. If you pay a grand to tune one of these things you been had.Dr. Hess I never ran a fuel pump just a good high flow petcock and larger fuel line. They didn't have that type manifold when I had this bike back in the 70's.Only drawback was the leg room it took up.
Gordo, I remember tuning more than one Weber back in the '70's. I wonder how many people came out in the morning wanting to drive their imported sports car to work, only to find their carb missing????????
Have a great holiday buddy and keep the shiney side up!!
John

Old 11-21-2012, 07:23 PM
barhopperjon
Cruiser

Not having any luck coming up with an intake for the Dellorto deal.
There is this avenue of approach though...........

Clay assures me I can use my HSR42 with his intake kit or my money back.
Check out his web page:
http://cobbcustoms-onewayracing.com/