EVO All Evo Model Discussion

The (re)(re)(re)rebuild begins again

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 07:05 AM
95NostalgiaRider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by langwilliams
I leave my helmet in the garage but in the helmet bag.
I leave my helmet in the garage, but It's just a skid lid. I always sit it on top of my mirror on my handle bars.

Never had a squirrel bother it, but at Daytona bike week some drunk chic wanted to go for a ride and when she got off, she puked in it. I did a GOOD cleaning and still use it. That was 18 years ago. Hahahaha

I would of tossed it, but I've never found another helmet I liked as much or fit as well.

Old 04-09-2014, 07:09 AM
95NostalgiaRider
Intermediate

Bike sounds great by the way.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:37 AM
TheBanditColorado
Tourer

Wow so awesome man... hell of a sound on that beast!

Old 04-11-2014, 11:38 PM
Jasper86
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

well, went for a ~2hour cruise yesterday, bike felt *odd* coming home...almost as if I was running out of fuel (lot of stop and go traffic)...sputtering a bit here and there, so figured I'd check the plugs

they seem almost spot-on,

front

rear

I do need to rethink how my fuel lines run (I can probably take 2-3" out of it without any problems), but where it passes between the jugs it's NOTICABLY softer, almost as if the heat has done something to the rubber (its GoodYear 3/8" line, supposed to be good stuff), but I dont think it's kinking, and i'm getting excellent flow from the tank.

riding symptoms are almost a dead ringer for S&S's tuning guide version of "lean", but i'm not convinced this intermediate jet is too small. the "range" for the mixture screw is 1 1/4 to 1 3/4 turn, I'm at 1 1/2 now. unfortunately i'm new to messing with S&S carbs, so i'm taking this *veryyyyy* slowly.

Old 04-12-2014, 07:58 AM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

http://davesmachineshop.blogspot.ca/...ale-s-and.html

Ummm, check this guy out and more importantly his location.... when are we going?
Never mind, he ain't in boston no more....

Last edited by Tee⋁ 04-12-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Jasper86
Road Captain

Well she's still kicking!

Still got a few odd rattles here and there....nothing consistent though (I'm beginning to think the gremlin bells are playing tricks on me, but too superstitious to pull them off), otherwise running like a swiss watch

All my talk of no mods went out the door. Carb is going to XXX in a week or so while I head to NC to shoot @ Camp Butner. it'll come back a mini-taz (with a single thunder jet, bored and polished, modded accelerator pump, all the bells and whistles)

Also found an interesting article on a new silencer/muffler pack. AcoustaFil. Essentially a tightly woven glass-type packing material, that comes pre compressed with heat sensitive thread. as the pack gets hot, the threads melt/break, and the packing material completely fills up and seals the silencer.

Talked with Frank @ Dragos, and he confirmed that to keep the costs down on the Dragula, they use a very basic fiberglass pack, that with a high compression big inch motor, tends to burn in rather quickly. He was interested in my results, so I'll have to make sure I keep everyone updated about the slip-on repack

that being said, I do LOVE the sound of the dragula, but good god it's DEAFENING ....especially @ a cold idle. 1997bagger is in for a treat when he lights his off (and so are his neighbors and wife....sorry man, theres no hiding what you're running once you've got this pipe)

Old 04-23-2014, 05:15 PM
tmanbuckhunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Good luck at Camp Butner. What class? NRA High power is fun!

Old 04-23-2014, 05:19 PM
Jasper86
Road Captain

heh, surprised someone recognized that one. thanks!

high master, distinguished, p100, got a few as far as that stuff goes. still clinging to the service rifle....wouldnt mind another medal down there (took Silver in the EIC there last year)....by far my favorite match of the year.

Old 04-23-2014, 09:14 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,683 Likes on 850 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasper86
Well she's still kicking!
I do LOVE the sound of the dragula, but good god it's DEAFENING ....especially @ a cold idle. 1997bagger is in for a treat when he lights his off (and so are his neighbors and wife....sorry man, theres no hiding what you're running once you've got this pipe)
Oh chittt! go to work at 4:00 in the morning, my neighbors are going to hate me this summer!

Old 04-23-2014, 10:25 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997bagger
Oh chittt! go to work at 4:00 in the morning, my neighbors are going to hate me this summer!

Just tell them you are scaring off suspected thieves.

It might work...

Quick Reply: The (re)(re)(re)rebuild begins again