The (re)(re)(re)rebuild begins again

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 07:55 PM
traildog
Extreme HDF Member
Received 700 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997bagger
squirrel gravy!

Good luck with the rebuild, that S&S will be interesting and more than likely ruin some underwear
Ruin underwear? Oh, you mean like my rocket fast Yamasuki.........

Old 10-07-2013, 11:20 PM
Imold
another old guy

Received 4,614 Likes on 2,726 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997bagger
squirrel gravy!

Good luck with the rebuild, that S&S will be interesting and more than likely ruin some underwear
The S&S was in it when I got it, one of the reasons I picked this one to refurbish. For such a heavy weight, it sure moves. I kinda like that, maybe too much...

Old 10-08-2013, 08:42 PM
1997bagger
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,683 Likes on 850 Posts

Originally Posted by Imold
The S&S was in it when I got it, one of the reasons I picked this one to refurbish. For such a heavy weight, it sure moves. I kinda like that, maybe too much...
I know the rotating assembly of that S&S can take abuse, good products

Old 10-08-2013, 08:51 PM
Jasper86
Road Captain
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

and the hits to the wallet just keep on coming

I know I need a new clutch. general consensus is that the barnett extra-plate wont hold 130tq. going back and forth between a Bandit and a Primo pro clutch

talked with S&S today after a quick chat with the guy whos gonna tune my bike

the 124 has 1.98" exhaust ports @ the heads. the tech's @ S&S said my SuperTrapp is going to choke the engine up top. apparently when they designed it, they bought up most every exhaust on the market at the time, and tested them back to back. they recommend the D&D Boarzilla (although he said any stepped header pipe will work. the important bit is that it goes from 1 3/4 @ the heads (to increase velocity/scavenging) to 2" fairly quickly. The supertrapp slip on is big enough, the header pipes are not (and supertrapp doesnt make a bigger pipe that'll work with it...although they did mention they have a new megashot (i think) 2 into 2 that was designed for big inch builds

nothings simple, is it?

Old 11-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Jasper86
Road Captain

well, been making steady progress. clean up has been interesting....a LOT of metal, damned near everywhere. Tom (Tee&Vee) came by tonight with a torch (mine's gone missing) so I could break the high temp red loctite. glad I did, LOTS of metal caught in there. luckily I haven't been able to get ANYTHING out of the oil cooler (dont think it made it up that far) even after a bunch of attempts. nothing at all in the oil pan either, but stripped it out anyways just to peek.

Even got the swing arm mocked up tonight. it'll have to come back out to set the transmission in place, but thats gotta wait until I get it rebuilt. (fitting a twin cam trap door, same ID bearings, MUCH larger OD (much stronger setup). $120 with new bearings (like-new take off), including the labor to press the shafts off/on again.

Even got my new front brakes. $90 shipped, via ebay. low mileage 2007 FLHR take offs. they dont look as if they've EVER been used

slowly but surely, I'm making progress

Old 11-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Spanners39
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 447 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Jasper86

I know I need a new clutch. general consensus is that the barnett extra-plate wont hold 130tq. going back and forth between a Bandit and a Primo pro clutch

Stock TC clutch will take 130TQ with a heavy duty SE spring...I now, I built a 120R Wide Glide for someone a while back.....maybe save some money by sourcing one of them.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:18 PM
Jasper86
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Spanners39
Stock TC clutch will take 130TQ with a heavy duty SE spring...I now, I built a 120R Wide Glide for someone a while back.....maybe save some money by sourcing one of them.
already scored a clutch, Bandit Sportsman

stock lever pull, 250% increase over stock tq handling.

already have a "TC" clutch (98 was the first year of the new basket).

Old 11-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Jasper86
Road Captain

well, the big ones home, uncrated, and on the bench

she's getting paint. I won't ruin the surprise, but I think it's gonna look pretty kickass when I'm done.

dear god, talk about HUGE friggan jugs. makes pam anderson look like a pine board

Old 11-09-2013, 02:35 PM
HarDlife
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

she's getting paint. I won't ruin the surprise, but I think it's gonna look pretty kickass when I'm done.

dear god, talk about HUGE friggan jugs. makes pam anderson look like a pine board

nice.

Old 11-09-2013, 02:50 PM
Kees
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Very very nice.....me like lots.....

Quick Reply: The (re)(re)(re)rebuild begins again