EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Wood's 41.5 CV Carb

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2014, 12:06 AM
D_gyver
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LowriderHarold
I have forward control pegs mounted & the stock pegs. No problem with the stock pegs, but when I stretch out on the forward pegs , the air cover does get in the way. But I have a plan. The air filter on the right is the one that came with the kit & is 3.250 tall. On on the left I got off flebay & is 2.750 tall. That will give me .500 more clearance. Have holes in shorter filter & had to make a set of shorter stand off's to bolt the filter to the backing plate. I'll have both filter's & hardware at my indy's when we put it on the dyno & tune, hopefully this week. Rode about 60 miles today & did ok, but seems a little sluggish & some popping when I decel, which didn't happen before, but it isn't tuned . Close but not right , yet. Will post up dyno #'s when done.

Ride Safe,
Harold
please don't tell me you used that table to measure those air cleaners

Old 05-05-2014, 12:11 AM
LowriderHarold
Road Captain
Received 92 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Lol

Originally Posted by D_gyver
please don't tell me you used that table to measure those air cleaners
LOL! No, had em at work to drill the mounting holes & looked like a good place to take a pic. Scale measures close enough. But we do have a couple of CMM's if I need to get REAL close! LOL

Ride Safe,
Harold

Old 05-05-2014, 12:23 AM
D_gyver
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LOL! No, had em at work to drill the mounting holes & looked like a good place to take a pic. Scale measures close enough. But we do have a couple of CMM's if I need to get REAL close! LOL

Ride Safe,
Harold
that's good I almost thought I had a twin out there my Starrett table and height gage cost more than most ppl bikes and I used it to measure how tall my risers were :P

Old 05-14-2014, 10:18 AM
LowriderHarold
Road Captain
Default Dyno Update

Got bike on dyno, Fri & got her dialed in. Carb was lean on all jets & needle , out of the box. Humidity was up, bout 15% higher than the last run, so #'s were down a point or 2. Close enough to see the CV keeps up with the S&S on that part. What I'm interested in is gas mileage & the characteristic's of this carb. Weather has been crappey this week, so I'll post back in a few weeks on gas usage & initial feel for the carb. Real test will be in a few month's , when the temps will be well over 90, here in the deep south. Set everything up with the shorter air filter on the bike, so I got my legroom back, but we did one run with the longer filter with basically NO difference. So unless you have a big inch motor, don't waste your money & your legroom.

Ride Safe,
Harold

Old 05-14-2014, 08:35 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,619 Likes on 2,094 Posts

I have a Wood carb on my Evo and without the high flow kit it can run out of fuel under hard acceleration. I can get mid 40's MPG with my stage 3. I think you're going to be very happy with it.

Old 05-22-2014, 10:19 PM
rizzo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,619 Likes on 2,094 Posts

Got bike on dyno, Fri & got her dialed in. Carb was lean on all jets & needle , out of the box. Humidity was up, bout 15% higher than the last run, so #'s were down a point or 2. Close enough to see the CV keeps up with the S&S on that part. What I'm interested in is gas mileage & the characteristic's of this carb. Weather has been crappey this week, so I'll post back in a few weeks on gas usage & initial feel for the carb. Real test will be in a few month's , when the temps will be well over 90, here in the deep south. Set everything up with the shorter air filter on the bike, so I got my legroom back, but we did one run with the longer filter with basically NO difference. So unless you have a big inch motor, don't waste your money & your legroom.

Ride Safe,
Harold
What kind of numbers did you get from that bad boy ? How about your MPG?

Old 05-23-2014, 12:42 AM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 414 Likes on 297 Posts

Harold we're did you get the air filter cover?? Just finished up a CV And same filter. But I want a simple cover like yours. The holes look great. Good lookin bike too

Old 05-23-2014, 01:17 AM
LowriderHarold
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Bumpandrun
Harold we're did you get the air filter cover?? Just finished up a CV And same filter. But I want a simple cover like yours. The holes look great. Good lookin bike too
Thanks for the kind words. Cover came from same place I got carb. Bob Wood's.

http://www.woodcarbs.com/air.htm

Ride Safe,
Harold

Old 11-20-2015, 10:31 AM
Harleyd03
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harold - How has she been running over the past couple of years?