EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Vibranator opinions

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2014, 12:41 PM
popawcritter
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPSAW
If you get off, what keeps it from falling off the seat?
The seat would be sticky enough to hold it in place...

Old 08-24-2014, 12:44 PM
texashillcountry
Dirt don't hurt

Received 4,317 Likes on 1,946 Posts

Originally Posted by popawcritter
The seat would be sticky enough to hold it in place...

Now that is just wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!
Funny as hell but wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-24-2014, 03:12 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

It's a product known to motorcyclists longer than some of you have been alive. Just because someone stuck a name on it that grabs attention and invites jokes doesn't make it new or different. Welcome to marketing 101.

Old 08-24-2014, 03:22 PM
monkeyboy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 836 Likes on 406 Posts

This type of vibration damper has been around for a long time. My thoughts have always been that if the vibrations are unbearable, putting one of these in your handle bars might just be masking a problem with your bike. I would rather find the source of the vibration(s) and fix it.

Originally Posted by Rabbito
So here a question would this be a good idea for springer front ends. If I ride 45 min on a highway I feel like I have bugs crawling all over me. Or what a good vibration eliminator for springer. Also have apes
I have the same problem sometimes but it usually takes longer than a 45 minute ride and only when I'm wearing a t-shirt. Believe it or not, it's the hair on my arms that causes that feeling.

Old 08-24-2014, 04:04 PM
Hackd
Elite HDF Member
Received 81 Likes on 76 Posts

I view the various vibrations, weird sounds, and quirky handling as a measure of my EVO's character.

If I rode I bike that didn't have them I'd be wondering: 'when is it going to break down...?'

Old 08-26-2014, 08:25 AM
cowboy 51
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So here a question would this be a good idea for springer front ends. If I ride 45 min on a highway I feel like I have bugs crawling all over me. Or what a good vibration eliminator for springer. Also have apes
How tall are your apes ? if above your shoulder height there's you problem

Old 08-26-2014, 08:42 AM
Rabbito
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cowboy 51
How tall are your apes ? if above your shoulder height there's you problem
They are just above shoulder level. But I've had sporty 95 and 00 duece with ape above my shoulder and never had the crawling bug feeling so bad. I thought maybe it cause the springer riser are hard mounted with no bushing.

Old 08-26-2014, 11:56 AM
br549A1
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

They are just above shoulder level. But I've had sporty 95 and 00 duece with ape above my shoulder and never had the crawling bug feeling so bad. I thought maybe it cause the springer riser are hard mounted with no bushing.
It's the vibration the fast vibes make your hands tingle fast. I could go 10 minutes with my low bars on my bike with Stock risers. With the apes and the lead on the ends my hands don't fall asleep or tingle ever. The lead kills that fast vibe you're having the problem with. Try it you'll thank me. I was ready to sell my bike couldn't take it anymore and couldn't cure the issue. This made it manageable.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:22 PM
machinehed
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Buzzing hands / arms etc.

Originally Posted by kp877
It's the vibration the fast vibes make your hands tingle fast. I could go 10 minutes with my low bars on my bike with Stock risers. With the apes and the lead on the ends my hands don't fall asleep or tingle ever. The lead kills that fast vibe you're having the problem with. Try it you'll thank me. I was ready to sell my bike couldn't take it anymore and couldn't cure the issue. This made it manageable.
My first "buzz" occured in my throttle hand only on a Honda Gold Wing.
I put it down to old age etc. but after being annoyed enough to have to do something about it i bought a pair of driving gloves . They helped greatly .
I would suggest the bar weights and the driving gloves would make your "buzz" a lot easier to live with .

Old 08-29-2014, 03:28 PM
rol427
Cruiser
Received 34 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Been there

I put them in my 1991 FXSTC two seasons ago. The vibrations are reduced and my mirrors do not shake as bad. I would use them again.

Quick Reply: Vibranator opinions