EVO All Evo Model Discussion

New project bike, need some opinions/advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 11:58 AM
MIKE93SVT
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

i also agree to get it running and confirm if there's any other issues before tearing it down. the strip it all the way and have a plan. it's super easy to spend way too much money. i'm on my third full tear down and about to start the fourth. it's time consuming, but don't set any deadlines. you end up paying too much for parts or taking short cuts. have fun and watch the classifieds for good deals.

mike

Old 08-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Throttle_Jockey
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Speaking from EXTREME EXPERIENCE rebuilding a bike without something else to ride is a bad decision. I've been lucky enough to ride family members bikes, but it's hard to see mine sitting on the lift so close to being finished that it makes me want to start cutting corners. Make a plan and stick with it.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:09 AM
Abandoned
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Well it seems the general consensus is exactly what I thought from the start. Tear it all down and start from scratch. So looks like that's exactly what i'm going to do. I have other bikes to ride, so time frame is not an issue other than urge to get it ready to hit the road next spring.

It is running, just missing the lights and plate in the rear. I've been riding it around my neighborhood a bit but don't want to go to far with out a brake light and plate on it.

I guess my biggest question is what is involved with pulling everything out of the frame, specifically relating to the open primary. I never had to deal with one before, is there anything different or special about taking it off/on? Also is there anything specific I should look for/replace since the motor/trans and everything will be off. Obviously anything worn/torn/ or ugly will be replaced, but id there anything else I should look into?

I added a couple pictures for all that were asking, hopefully they show up.