EVO All Evo Model Discussion

Welp, I've done gone and done it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 06:37 AM
junglejoe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Welp, I've done gone and done it!

Bought me a new 2014 Street Glide! and NO!, I'll NEVER get rid of Camzilla! AKA as the 98 dyna FXDS-CONVERTIBLE . Got the Street glide here, put it in the garage, filthy from the rain I got caught in when I left the dealership.. and started waxing Camzilla and it hasn't been out of the garage all week! That's how much I like my EVO!! There it is in that last pic looking like a boss!

Attached Thumbnails Welp, I've  done gone and done it!-dscn3354.jpg   Welp, I've  done gone and done it!-dscn3353.jpg   Welp, I've  done gone and done it!-dscn3351.jpg   Welp, I've  done gone and done it!-dscn3279.jpg  
Old 08-30-2014, 09:00 AM
Tee&Vee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

TD is gonna be pissed.
Congrats Joe!

Old 08-30-2014, 10:10 AM
MJHJEA
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I will keep my evo too if I ever go newer.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Throttle_Jockey
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Joe what'd you ever find with the speed wobble?

Congrats on the new ride btw. Good to hear the evo stays

Old 08-31-2014, 07:12 AM
junglejoe
Road Master

Thanks guys!.. I have been working so much lately Throttle Jocky, Been out of town, haven't been riding it. However!!! I did fire it up as soon as I stepped out of the truck when I got back in town... Went and got " my fix" on it, and was coming up on a curve, and had to get on the brakes hard, and I'll just be honest, the bike went into a bad wobble that I almost couldn't get under control! What is causing it? I do not know! But one thing for sure...I'm going to replace ((1)) piece at a time until I do find out what it is. This is my 4th dyna ,3rd convertible, and never had one problem and everything is the same except I put an Open belt Drive on this one

Old 08-31-2014, 07:15 AM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Congrats on the new FLHX Rushmore and sweet EVO!

Old 08-31-2014, 07:22 AM
junglejoe
Road Master

Originally Posted by Iceman24
Congrats on the new FLHX"S" Rushmore and sweet EVO!
Thanks man..I fixed it for you up there, had to add an S on the end... The ONLY difference in the FLHX and the FLHXS is the the S modle has navigation and pinstripes and coil over rear shocks versus air shocks on the regular FLHX

Old 08-31-2014, 07:24 AM
Throttle_Jockey
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know it's a long shot Joe, but do you think the open primary has the same "strength" as the OE cases? Maybe a torque arm is in order too help hold it all together better.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:35 AM
junglejoe
Road Master

Originally Posted by Throttle_Jockey
I know it's a long shot Joe, but do you think the open primary has the same "strength" as the OE cases? Maybe a torque arm is in order too help hold it all together better.
That's exactly what I'm thinking bro! But then once I got a clear head...., the bike didn't start this crazy **** until I switched tires. So something happened in the that process of tire swapping.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:52 AM
HGM
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by junglejoe
That's exactly what I'm thinking bro! But then once I got a clear head...., the bike didn't start this crazy **** until I switched tires. So something happened in the that process of tire swapping.
My buddy just had the dealer put a new Lop on the rear of his '99 Dyna.. This thing was bad, nearly showing air.. So, the bike wasn't right, but he has always complained about it pulling and said he could never let go of the bars.. He had checked everything with the alignment, home made tools of course, still did it.. Anyhow, after this new tire, he was completely blown away and coule easily ride with no hands. May not be your issue, but I'd try jacking it up and rolling the tire forward and back while watching the belt.. See if it remains true, then possibly buy a couple od laser levels to stick on the rotors and see what the alignment looks like.. I forget if you've done this stuff, but he thought the tire and alignment was spot on till the dealer put a tire on it and fixed all his problems.. Nice new ride by the way, you'll enjoy it, try not to neglect your Dyna..

Quick Reply: Welp, I've done gone and done it!