Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Best Exhaust Tone for Ultra Limited

Old 03-04-2015, 11:51 AM
HardRider1
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Best Exhaust Tone for Ultra Limited

I know the question is subjective, but I would like to open up the exhaust on the limited just a tad, little deeper note what would you recommend, J&P has some of Vance & Hines mufflers that have recordings, perhaps you could give me your opinion on the subject.

Old 03-04-2015, 12:05 PM
Melman
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It depends on what oil you run!

Just kidding but this is like a "what oil should I run" post. I did (and recommend) going to a rally and listening to different bikes. Ask questions, most of us will be happy to talk about our exhaust...especially after how much we had to spend!

Old 03-04-2015, 12:08 PM
HardRider1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Melman
It depends on what oil you run!

Just kidding but this is like a "what oil should I run" post. I did (and recommend) going to a rally and listening to different bikes. Ask questions, most of us will be happy to talk about our exhaust...especially after how much we had to spend!
Yah I get that, you know its another winter day out there, albeit sunny today and I was listening to recordings of various exhausts and was going for some real life thoughts, but you are right, just wait and go to a rally or hang at the dealer and listen to the bikes coming in.

Old 03-04-2015, 04:54 PM
98hotrodfatboy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,784 Likes on 3,300 Posts
Default Wow...

I can see why you asked, I dont think you're gonna see to many bikes ridin in and out of the dealership for a "WHILE" Michigan eh? I'm stuck and bored also......

Originally Posted by HardRider1
Yah I get that, you know its another winter day out there, albeit sunny today and I was listening to recordings of various exhausts and was going for some real life thoughts, but you are right, just wait and go to a rally or hang at the dealer and listen to the bikes coming in.

Old 03-04-2015, 11:55 PM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

For best sound IMO, a set of true dual headers and a set of CFR mufflers coupled with a proper tune will sound really wicked and deep...

Old 03-05-2015, 06:24 AM
HardRider1
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dfwhockey17
For best sound IMO, a set of true dual headers and a set of CFR mufflers coupled with a proper tune will sound really wicked and deep...
Thanks DFW for your insight, sounds like something I would be looking for.

Old 03-06-2015, 06:18 AM
Big Limited
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HR 1.Good color choice. I got a twin. I went with stage 1 with fullsac 2" baffles. To quite for me. Then went with 2 1/4. Little louder but still not what i was looking for. I listened to lots of exhaust videos till i was blue in the face. Thought about CFR and Big Louises. Lots of us know the sound of Rineharts. I decided to buy the 4" muffler with 2 1/2 " baffle. Thats the sound i was wanting. Good luck

Old 03-06-2015, 07:25 AM
CanonSterVA
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Limited
HR 1.Good color choice. I got a twin. I went with stage 1 with fullsac 2" baffles. To quite for me. Then went with 2 1/4. Little louder but still not what i was looking for. I listened to lots of exhaust videos till i was blue in the face. Thought about CFR and Big Louises. Lots of us know the sound of Rineharts. I decided to buy the 4" muffler with 2 1/2 " baffle. Thats the sound i was wanting. Good luck
What is your final configuration?
After the sound as well...
-> Myron

Old 03-06-2015, 10:47 AM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

^You will not be disappointed with CFR mufflers, they have a very distinct sound that turns heads. They are mellow while cruising so you can enjoy your tunes while cruising down the road, once you jump on the throttle they come alive and have a great pulse quickening bark that will make the unaware jump out of their shoes. I don't know if you have a decent set of computer speakers but there are some *decent sound clips/videos on YouTube to listen to. The other thing I wanted to mention is your header choice. True duals will give you the best sound as there is no crossover to mellow out the note. That being said, they will not make the best power; if you don't mind mellowing the sound a tad go with a set of S&S Power Tune Duals, they make great power (with a crossover) have nice thick heat shields with good chrome and look like the stock headers...Just more food for thought.

Here are some of the better sounding videos on YouTube...None of which really do them justice like hearing them in person but you get the idea of how deep the rumble is.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:28 PM
Big Limited
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry bout that canon. Fullsac headpipe 2-1-2. TTS tuner Arlen Ness big sucker air cleaner. Dyno #'s pretty decent with the 21/4's. 92 hp 107tq. Probably lost a little tq going with the 2 1/2 baffles on the rineharts but dont notice much when you crack the throttle. They are louder deeper and throatier if that makes sense