Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Bassani FireSweeps TTS MasterTune dyno

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2015, 04:57 PM
poltRgYst
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bassani FireSweeps TTS MasterTune dyno

Hi all I recently installed Bassani FireSweep exhaust on my 2013 Softail Slim and then did the Kuryakyn AlleyCat air cleaner. Finally got the TTS MasterTune and my bike dyno tuned. Prior to the tune...hp was 67.76 and torque was 84.43. After tune hp is 76.32 and torque is 92.18. Bike runs like a dream but hp seems light. Thoughts???

Last edited by poltRgYst; 08-21-2015 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:54 AM
galaxyfe
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

What were you hoping for from just an intake/exhaust since you seem disappointed? Why did you choose Firesweeps over the Pro Streets? The stepped design of the pro street will offer an advantage. May also consider a cam swap. There's a gazillion discussions on cams and which one is best, but I think most of the smart folks on here will agree, as long as you're smart with your choice and don't overcam, this engine is very responsive to a cam change.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:04 AM
poltRgYst
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by galaxyfe
What were you hoping for from just an intake/exhaust since you seem disappointed? Why did you choose Firesweeps over the Pro Streets? The stepped design of the pro street will offer an advantage. May also consider a cam swap. There's a gazillion discussions on cams and which one is best, but I think most of the smart folks on here will agree, as long as you're smart with your choice and don't overcam, this engine is very responsive to a cam change.
Not disappointed at all. Bike runs like a dream. Just thought that hp would be a bit higher even with the shorter pipes. Also I'm very happy with the FireSweeps.

Thanks for the reply.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:13 AM
cdonis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by poltRgYst
Hi all I recently installed Bassani FireSweep exhaust on my 2013 Softail Slim and then did the Kuryakyn AlleyCat air cleaner. Finally got the TTS MasterTune and my bike dyno tuned. Prior to the tune...hp was 67.76 and torque was 84.43. After tune hp is 76.32 and torque is 92.18. Bike runs like a dream but hp seems light. Thoughts???
Thats good for the stage 1.

Old 08-26-2015, 05:38 PM
dynawg1
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

...Why did you choose Firesweeps over the Pro Streets? The stepped design of the pro street will offer an advantage...
Exactly right which makes it even more incomprehensible that Bassani recently discontinued the Pro Streets. Go figure

Old 08-26-2015, 06:52 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by dynawg1
Exactly right which makes it even more incomprehensible that Bassani recently discontinued the Pro Streets. Go figure
The vast majority want sound and looks. Then sometimes they, just as the op has, will wonder why they don't make more power when going with style over substance. So the exhaust companies cater to majority to keep the cash rolling in and discontinue the more costly to make(stepped)and far far less popular true performance exhaust systems. To me the only factor in my exhaust choice is performance. Fast has always sounded and looked awesome.

Old 08-26-2015, 09:49 PM
galaxyfe
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

At least with the Bassani's, I don't get the decision. The appearance between the Firesweeps and the pro streets is minimal at best and depending on the bike, there's no visual difference. I think price is negligible. Which makes me wonder why you'd ever choose the Firesweeps over pro street. I had not heard they discontinued the pro streets!! Darn glad I got mine when I did then.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:52 PM
dynawg1
Tourer

Originally Posted by qtrracer
The vast majority want sound and looks. Then sometimes they, just as the op has, will wonder why they don't make more power when going with style over substance. So the exhaust companies cater to majority to keep the cash rolling in and discontinue the more costly to make(stepped)and far far less popular true performance exhaust systems. To me the only factor in my exhaust choice is performance. Fast has always sounded and looked awesome.
Amen.

Old 08-27-2015, 10:54 PM
dynawg1
Tourer

At least with the Bassani's, I don't get the decision. The appearance between the Firesweeps and the pro streets is minimal at best and depending on the bike, there's no visual difference. I think price is negligible. Which makes me wonder why you'd ever choose the Firesweeps over pro street. I had not heard they discontinued the pro streets!! Darn glad I got mine when I did then.
Hallelujah. Unfortunately neither Bassani nor anyone else is listening.

Old 08-29-2015, 02:32 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

For a B motor that isn't bad. Still it's just a #. The tq curve and hp rise along with the afr are the most important.