Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

2 Brothers? V&H? D&D? Please help

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 07:30 AM
Beanznrice
Advanced
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Default 2 Brothers? V&H? D&D? Please help

Hello All!

I just pre-ordered the 2016 Low Rider "S". Really sweet ride! Now I'm putting my parts list together and I can't decide on the pipes.

The Borezilla sounds awesome but Holy Smokes I can't hear myself think! It seems that THAT would get old real fast! And that would suck on a long ride, right?

I have the ProPipe on my LR now and I love it. But I'm getting the 117 kit on my new one. The D&D and the 2Bros show higher dyno numbers BUT....

Are they TOO loud? Have you done a long ride on these loud pipes? Is it worth it?

Thanx in advance

Old 02-10-2016, 10:02 AM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

First, of the 3 exhausts you mentioned D&D is by far the best pipe IMO. The quality is top notch from a fit and finish standpoint. I just put a D&D Fat Cat on my 117" build in my Softail Deluxe and could not be happier. The reason I went with the Fat Cat (perforated wrapped baffle) over the Boarzilla is strictly from an aesthetic standpoint. I did not like the look of the upswept muffler. Sure I could get a few more ponies and torques from it, but peak numbers are not necessarily what I was after. You could run a Fat Cat on your 110" with the louvered wrapped baffle (quietest) and the noise will be much lower than that of the perforated wrapped baffle in the Boarzilla. Only YOU can determine what is 'too loud' and for me the pipe on my bike while being loud is not over the top, and ear plugs are always an option for longer rides to help the wind noise and the exhaust note.

Second, I am a big fan of supporting local businesses and D&D is right down he street form me in Fort Worth. Dave and the crew are good people and his customer service is excellent. V&H with their poor quality of late and their horrible customer service keeps me from recommending them. I cannot comment on 2 Brothers pipes for Harleys as my only dealings with them are in the sport bike world where I have been pleased with their stuff, their mufflers on a crossplane Yamaha R1 sound incredible FWIW....

Third, I have accounts with all the exhaust companies so PM me if you want some help obtaining a system...

Old 02-10-2016, 10:29 AM
Beanznrice
Advanced

Thanx for the reply.

Too loud? That's the question. I don't have to have MAX ponies, but yes, I want decent performance. But listening to the BZilla was almost painful! Heard them on a 110. Mine will be 117.

We (old lady loves to ride) ride a lot. Long trips too. We've done 1600 miles in a weekend. Really don't want to use ear plugs.

Not familiar with louvered wrapped ... Thanx. Now I have more info to work with. Gives me more options. And yes, I prefer local when I can help it. Time for more research.

Thanx again.

Old 02-10-2016, 03:48 PM
Beanznrice
Advanced

Update. D&D is out! They don't make pipes for the Low Rider. The mid-controls are in the way! That leaves 2 options now. Will update as I narrow it down more.

Old 02-10-2016, 05:15 PM
Suede Blue Man
HDF Community Team

Received 730 Likes on 502 Posts

That's too bad about the D&D, I love my Bobcat.

Looking forward to seeing your bike when you get it, post some pics up in the Dyna forum, eh

Old 02-10-2016, 08:57 PM
Beanznrice
Advanced
Default Will do.

Originally Posted by Suede Blue Man
That's too bad about the D&D, I love my Bobcat.

Looking forward to seeing your bike when you get it, post some pics up in the Dyna forum, eh
Can't wait to get some pics up.

That's a sweet ride you have there!

I'll get Tatiana to do some pics for my new one as well....

Tatiana

Old 02-10-2016, 09:33 PM
Longridertx
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 99 Posts

Have you considered the Dragula pipes from Dragos?

Old 02-11-2016, 05:44 AM
Beanznrice
Advanced
Default Thanx for the input!

Originally Posted by Longridertx
Have you considered the Dragula pipes from Dragos?
Never heard of them. I just checked out their site but I'll have to call. Looks like they don't have a 2 into 1 for the LR.

My tech loves 2:1 because he can use the vacuum created by the exhaust of the other cylinder.

Are you familiar with them? Good performance? Loud, but not too loud?

Thanx again

Old 02-11-2016, 11:11 AM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Beanznrice
Update. D&D is out! They don't make pipes for the Low Rider. The mid-controls are in the way! That leaves 2 options now. Will update as I narrow it down more.
I assume you called them. As I look at their catalog all their pipes are pictured with mid controls. Double check because if they fit, the D&D boarzilla will be great for a 117"

Old 02-11-2016, 11:55 AM
Beanznrice
Advanced

Yes I called. They're really nice. And yes, they can do older Low Riders, but not mine. Shame. They look great and I've heard good stuff about them.

Thx for the post

Quick Reply: 2 Brothers? V&H? D&D? Please help