Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

D&D Stubby and Performance Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 02:47 PM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default D&D Stubby and Performance Upgrades

I have a D&D stubby cat on my 2015 Streetglide special. I am currently running kury tc24d cams 95hp/112tq and I am going to be having the heads done, jugs and pistons matched and probably a larger cam. My question is would it be wise to change the baffle out on the stubby? Currently its the wrapped louvered and my builder says a perforated wrapped would not only be better now but much better with the upcoming mods. The next issue is I have to modify the baffle from D&D because they don't make a different baffle specific for the stubby cat. I guess my question is what are you guys thoughts and would all the hassle be worth it? My builder thinks it will make a significant difference. I theory is a more free flowing exhaust. He is running the same set up I am with the fat cat but a perforated baffle (freer flowing baffle than mine) and getting the same amount of tq but about 7 more hp. Same dyno and basically same conditions. That being said we should be able to make more hp and still keep the tq with the other baffle.

Old 07-20-2016, 03:21 PM
qtrracer
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 131 Likes on 104 Posts

Fat Cat and Stubby Cat have 2 different head pipes. Fat Cat and Boss Fat Cat have 2 different head pipes. Stubby Cat and Boss Fat Cat have different headpipes. Also you are dealing with 2 different muffler lengths. When you say same set up, does he have the same year bike as you? Same size rear tires? Same air pressures? Plus you could probably run those 2 bikes again and get different results. Are both bikes dyno tuned? By the same guy?

Old 07-22-2016, 10:53 AM
WG2011
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by qtrracer
Fat Cat and Stubby Cat have 2 different head pipes. Fat Cat and Boss Fat Cat have 2 different head pipes. Stubby Cat and Boss Fat Cat have different headpipes. Also you are dealing with 2 different muffler lengths. When you say same set up, does he have the same year bike as you? Same size rear tires? Same air pressures? Plus you could probably run those 2 bikes again and get different results. Are both bikes dyno tuned? By the same guy?
Thanks for the reply,

Same year bike, same rear tire, same air pressures, both were tuned on same dyno by same guy.