Exhaust System Topics New and old exhaust system discussions. Fitment issues to sound bites and suggestions. Post them here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Jekill and Hyde

Which 2 into 1 exhaust is Quieter for my Dyna?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 06:21 PM
Hoppergrass
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which 2 into 1 exhaust is Quieter for my Dyna?

While looking into the future of my 06' Low Rider, Ill be ditching the Screaming Eagle Slip Ons (which sounds perfect and fantastic), for a full exhaust for more power. Havent been on the Harley Scene for long. So I havent had much experience on different v-twin brand sounds, other than Youtube. Majority of Crowds feel the louder, the better. May be true, but I dont like waking the dead, or attracting cops when I want to have fun. So which 2 into 1 exhaust has the lesser decibels? Vance and Hines Pro, Bassani Road Rage, 2 Brothers, and etc....

Old 01-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Supertrapp supermeg and FuelMoto e-series 2:1's are the quieter ones out there. And great performers as well.

I happen to have both. I actually prefer the e-series and am considering replacing the supertrapp one day...

Old 01-11-2017, 10:46 AM
dfwhockey17
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 283 Likes on 250 Posts

Supertrapp Supermeg is the pipe you want...

Old 01-11-2017, 02:23 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,104 Likes on 1,339 Posts

Our E-Series 2/1 system would really good candidate for your Dyna, it not only performs excellent it also has a very reasonable sound level which is fully tunable. They are available in chrome or black ceramic, build quality is absolutely top notch. It features a stainless steel header with tapered primaries and a true merge collector, and large 2.5" full heat shields. http://www.fuelmotousa.com/series-22...ll-system.html

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 01-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Just to say, the e-series is not only at about the same sound level as the Supermeg, its a better sound as well. Don't know how to qualify "better" other then I like it better. So much so I am ordering one for my Low Rider S in a couple of weeks, to replace the supertrapp. I just ran the PV auto tune a couple of times on my Road Glide with the e-series and it feels and sounds great.

Old 01-13-2017, 02:24 PM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dfwhockey17
Supertrapp Supermeg is the pipe you want...
Had mine for many years now and very happy with it. Gives excellent torque and the engine runs remarkably smoothly. Haven't felt the need to try anything else!

Old 01-13-2017, 02:54 PM
Jay Guild
Grand HDF Member
Received 728 Likes on 559 Posts

From what I've heard the V&H Pro doesn't give much performance boost. I went with the Fat Cat, but it is not considered one of the quieter ones.

Old 01-14-2017, 02:09 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by grbrown
Had mine for many years now and very happy with it. Gives excellent torque and the engine runs remarkably smoothly. Haven't felt the need to try anything else!

Same here, been running the same Supermeg since 2007. There is nothing on the market that even comes close to interesting me to make a change.

Old 01-14-2017, 02:23 AM
Road Star
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 412 Likes on 250 Posts

Might want to look at the Black hole from RB Racing; I just ordered one for my Road king. From what I have heard, it is a great sounding exhaust, however, easy on the cruise.

Lots of good info on the RB racing website.

Old 01-15-2017, 04:23 PM
Hoppergrass
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Our E-Series 2/1 system would really good candidate for your Dyna, it not only performs excellent it also has a very reasonable sound level which is fully tunable. They are available in chrome or black ceramic, build quality is absolutely top notch. It features a stainless steel header with tapered primaries and a true merge collector, and large 2.5" full heat shields. http://www.fuelmotousa.com/series-22...ll-system.html

The Chrome Model is quite attractive. Looking at the headers, there is room for my mid controls, and maybe future forward controls. Yes they are quiet! By listening to youtube clips, I can hear the valvetrain they so quiet. I like the fact they are tunable. I would turn the decibels up just a tad more. Curious though, when I'm picking out a fuel management tuner, would there be ecu maps for this exhaust? It's my first time hearing of fuelmoto! Like I said. Only been on the Harley Bandwagon for a month.

Quick Reply: Which 2 into 1 exhaust is Quieter for my Dyna?